Chapter 4

The after-party was held at some super fancy penthouse that was about 25 minutes from where the concert was held. Mel left her car at the stadium and we rode with Alec and Becca there.

I was so tired I almost fell asleep on the way. As soon as I felt myself drifting off though, I got a soft slap to the face by Mel.

We pulled up into the private parking lot, which was packed with cars despite this being for private use only. More cars were out front though.

We get out of the limbo and start making our way to the entrance. The penthouse looked to be about 6 stories high. It was huge and stunning.

Alec turned towards Mel, Becca, and I. "The party is on the 6th floor. It's the boys' private penthouse suite. They hold all of their parties here", he tells us as I look up towards the top floor and see lights flashing through the windows.

"They have access to the rooftop too. There's a pool and bar up there, which is where I'd like to go", Becca adds with a laugh.

Mel drapes her arms over mine and Becca's shoulders. "Same girl, that's where we're gonna go. I guarantee that's where the most fun is. Look, you can see the lights and hear the music from down here."

"That is super cool. I've never been to a party in my entire life, so this will be a great first experience hopefully", I laugh nervously.

"Oh it will, come on let's go. I'm dying to meet the boys" Mel says.

Oh me too girl, me too.

••••••

We've been here for about 20 minutes so far and Melanie has already had 3 drinks. She's currently working on her fourth while I'm still on drink number one.

I'm not really much of a drinker, and partying has never been my thing. I love the lights and music and all, but the part where everyone just gets super wasted and high, just never enlightened me.

I will dance until my feet fall off though. I may not look good doing it, but I've always loved to goof off and dance and sing any song I know that comes on.

I used to dance to throwback jams all the time with my mom. Whether we were in the kitchen cooking, which I love to do, or in the car. It didn't matter, she could always match my vibe and we had lots of fun together.

Come to think of it I really missed my mom. I just saw them for right before senior year started. I spent all of summer break back home in Oklahoma. I still missed my entire family though.

What was really on my mind though, despite us only being here for a short time, was that I still hadn't spotted the boys. Which was disappointing for me, because that's really the only reason I pushed through my sleepiness to come here.

I'm currently standing next to an almost wasted Melanie, which surprised me that she was hardly tipsy being that she was already on her fourth drink. She's always been a heavyweight I guess.

She isn't even really paying attention to me, as she's currently flirting with the bartender. Alec is talking to some random guys I've never seen, and Becca is talking to a group of women by the pool.

And then you have me, sitting here on drink one, pathetically searching for One Direction. They're probably downstairs in the penthouse.

I sigh with frustration. So much for that. I think to myself.

All of a sudden Mel turns to me. "Hey girl! Having any fun? Anyway, there's this lady over there talking to Alec that is in charge of giving stage managers their jobs with celebrities. She's the reason I was able to work this concert tonight because Alec put in that good word for me and she allowed me to come. I'm gonna go thank her, and I want you to come too."