Taking Advantage

Rose sighed, looking up at the starry night sky, her heart fluttering. Her eyelids drooped heavily, head lulling down but she refused to go into the arms of dreamless sleep.

The room although extremely lavish and equipped with every single necessity and want was too big for her liking, she had tried sleeping only to be woken up after a terrible nightmare so here she was with all her lights turned on trying to stop the monster under her bed from haunting her.

An headache made her rub her head with a soft palm as she tried to think of something else than the nightmares.

She was exhausted and only wanted to sleep now, the girl hardened her cottony soft heart and got hold of her blanket dragging her body and soft fur blanket all the way to Ares's room.

She entered without knocking after contemplating for five minutes that was it worth to wake him up at 2 a.m in the night.

She was standing beside the bed watching the mafia prince sleep shirtless, with his body sculpted by god she wanted to stand an hour and stare creepily but decided against the judgment. The adorable princess rushed on top of Ares, sitting on his stomach, she made herself comfortable making him call out her name in a whisper.

"Rose"

"Don't trouble me princess." His eyes remained closed as he whispered in his masculine rough voice, pulling her body closer. Rose kept her head on his chest as his arms encircled around her waist making both of them fall into the cocoon of warmth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Rose was floating on a cloud, jumping from one place to another, sliding on a rainbow when a knock on the door made her jump in alarm as she sat up groggily.

"What!" squinting her eyes to see that Ares was not in bed and the sound of water running made her conclude that he was bathing. She hurried to the door opening it a little to see who was outside. A guard bowed his head when he came to see himself in the innocent eyes watching him.

"Y-Yes?"

"Miss, the prince has a call from Russia."

"Oh..I will tell him." The guard respectfully left.

Ares had turned off the water coming out in half dressed state in haste. His wild grey-cyan irises meeting her when Rose turned around were not happy to say in least. His dark hair was tousled and shirt opened upto his chest.

____________________________

"If somebody knocks our door what do we do Rose?" Ares tilted his head, gazing into the warm chocolate pools of his girl who sat on the kitchen island kicking her feet gently as he cracked an egg pouring its contenting into the frying pan that sizzled with the cooking vegetables.

"w-we open it?" She bit her lip knowing that they were talking about today morning.

"You little thing...you had absolutely no idea who was outside your room but you still opened your door.If you are alone and someone is dying outside of your house, you let them die Rose."

"b-but he was insider the house." Rose shut her mouth knowing that the backtalking was doing more bad than good, even though the guard was inside but she was a Cattaneo princess, they can never know when will an assassin strike. Rose knew nothing about fists and guns, one moment of carelessness can cost her, her life.

They were no longer inside Axaina Palace or her homeland, this beach house was even though guarded at the end of the day was still foreign to them.

"I will say this once and I dare you to do anything rather than this. If you don't know people who are asking for your help, I don't care if they are the angels that have descended from heaven you don't fu-freaking help them.

You let them wait or you have guards for a reason, if you want to help somebody.....tell them and they will do it for you or I swear on my mother Rose, I will hunt that person down and kill them."

The small legs swinging back and forth gently stopped as Rose stared at Ares incredulously.
"B-but how? You a-are so nice Ares."

The guard stationed at the entrance of the house turned around, a series of clearing of the throat made Rose blush while Ares looked at her as if she murdered his cat.

That would be a very bad thing. Moreover Rose loved animals

"I am never leaving her alone." Ares mumbled coherently under his breath making Rose inch closer to hear.

The Soufflé was ready and served in her plate. Rose wanted to ask Aurora what Ares loved to eat and she would learn to cook for him just like he did for her. In silence, she ate and fed him from her plate as he made more of those.

"You took liberties with me yesterday, you found out that I was vulnerable in the night and took advantage of me."Ares said breaking the barrier of calm making Rose stop mid-eating as she gasped wide-eyed.

"I-I promise, I did n-nothing Ares. I was unable to sleep, I-"

The endearing girl remembered herself staring at him too long, was it that bad?

"What is done, is absolutely done." Ares sighed seemingly in distress making Rose a stuttering mess.

"There is only one way out, only one way to bring back my lost soul." Ares looked at Rose mischievously who bit her lip ready to redeem herself.

"In future you have to be my girlfriend."