Belated Anniversary Celebrations

"But why haven't you got Occlumency lessons anymore?" said Hermione, frowning.

"I've told you," Harry muttered. "Snape reckons I can carry on by myself now I've got the basis..."

"So you've stopped having funny dreams?" said Hermione skeptically.

"Pretty much," he lied, avoiding Hermione's look.

Estella simply looked at him. It was quite obvious they hadn't gone away; anyone could see the dark circles under his eyes.

It was the first day of the Easter holidays and Hermione and Estella, as it was their custom, had spent a large part of the day drawing up studying schedules.

Ron had been startled to discover that there were only six weeks left until their exams.

"How can that come as a shock?" Hermione demanded as she tapped each little square on Ron's schedule with her wand so that it flashed a different color according to its subject.

"I dunno..." said Ron, "there's been a lot going on..."

"Well, there you are," she said, handing him his schedule, "if you follow that you should do fine."

Ron looked down it gloomily but then brightened.

"You've given me an evening off every week!

"That's for Quidditch practice," said Hermione.

The smile faded from Ron's face.

"What's the point?" he said. "We've got about as much chance of winning the Quidditch Cup as Dad's got of becoming the Minister of Magic..."

Hermione said nothing.

"I'm glad I have another year before all this," said Ginny, peering over at their schedules.

Estella sat with her back against Harry's chest, making his schedule.

He kissed her cheek and smiled. "Ah, you've given me a free hour every night, eh?"

She giggled. "Everyone deserves some type of break. Plus, you never remember things if you don't take breaks," she said as she finished his schedule.

"You know me too well."

Harry kissed her neck. "You know I was thinking..."

"That can't be good," she joked and Harry glared playfully at the girl.

"That we should do something to celebrate our anniversary even though it's been over a year," said Harry.

Estella turned and glanced at him.

"Why are you celebrating your anniversary so long after the actual date? I mean, shouldn't you just wait till the next one if you're still together," said Ginny loudly.

Estella turned to face the girl.

"Well, we got each other gifts but never actually did anything because your father had just been attacked and we were at you know. And it's not a matter of if because we're not going to break up in the foreseeable future," said Estella.

"But you don't know that-"

She turned to face Harry and asked, "Do you think we're going to break up?"

"Nope, unless you decide you're too good for me," Harry said, grinning.

She smiled sarcastically at Ginny. "There you go, not gonna break up anytime soon." Estella turned her back to Harry. "I think that'd be a great idea!"

"But you're a prefect, you should be setting an example," butted Ginny.

She should just stop butting into business she had no right being in. It was beginning to get on her nerves.