Chapter 24

"Yuki-kun,"

"Yuki."

"Yuki~"

"Wake up, Yuki-kun. It's time for the awards!"

"Five more minutes..."

"Yuki!"

Making the ugliest face he took a peek at his friends trying to pull his arms from his pockets.

"You can stop trying to pull me up. I won't give in." he slurred.

"I get that you're tired but the top three places have to get going!" Uraraka insisted.

"Pfft~ Who said that~"

"Is Yuki-kun drunk?" Yaoyorozu asked, glancing at the ill mannered boy he was being.

"I'm not... it's just exhaustion... usually happens after healing-- but...today's an exceptions~" Yuki giggled.

Which is true. A side effect of overusing his quirk included drowsiness and becoming generally sluggish like. With enough stressors, movement, and mental exhaustion it tended to imitate his overusing.

"Come on, Yuki-kun!"

"Only if you make me float halfway--"

"All of the first-year events for this year's U.A. sports festivals have been completed. And now, we will begin the award ceremony!" Midnight announced.

Yuki stood on third place podium alone. Apparently Iida had a family emergency.

He glanced up to his right, eyes still heavy and feeling drowsy from his short, deep slumber.

Poor Bakugo...

The explosive blonde had to be chained and muffled the second he woke up and began struggling. It was obvious enough to Yuki something didn't go as he would have liked it to have gone and hence was glaring daggers at Todoroki.

Cheers and congratulations shouted from the audience. Yuki felt like sitting down....

"In addition to Satori, there is also Iida in third place, but he left early for family reasons. Thank you for your understanding!" She winked at the camera's.

"Now, we will award the medals! The presentation of the medals will, of course, be by this man--"

An all too familiar laugh echoed from the top of the stadium.

"Ah, the old man. Of course..." Yuki hummed looking up as All Might leaped off the roof.

"Our very own hero, All Might!"

"I have brought the medals here!"

What?

Yuki narrowed his eyes at All Might as he approached him with a third place medal.

"Young Yuki, congratulations. You sure are stronger than you look."

"Thank you, All Might, sir. I did it all without nearly dying." Yuki bowed slightly as the number one hero placed the medal over his head.

Yuki's expression was something All Might could only explain as threatening and irritating.

In an attempt to apologize, the number one hero went in for a hug.

"You did really well despite your quirk not quite being suited for battle--"

"Yes, thank you for the compliments but I don't think a hug is necessary." Yuki yawned.

All Might chucked awkwardly before moving on to Todoroki, in second place.

Can I go now?