scene i

A U G U S T, 1 9 7 5

S U M M E R, C O T T A G E

LAYING ON THE grass in front of the Lupin cottage, Remus Lupin was reading his new muggle book as Venus Lupin was flying on her broom. The girl was perfecting her chaser skills until she huffed in annoyance.

"This isn't fair! I should be at that stupid dinner with Lucius, not stuck here doing shit"

The girl angrily shouted while throwing her tennis ball against a tree. "Because throwing a ball is going to help release that anger", Remus commented before grunting as Venus had thrown him a ball on the head. "What the fuck was that for?", the boy asked in disbelief as she rolled her eyes.

"For being a dick"

Venus spat while getting off of her broom and sitting next to her twin brother. "What do you even see in him? He's repulsive and mean", Remus stated with disgust while closing his book as Venus rolled her eyes.

She was sick of people telling her who she should and shouldn't be with. "He's not repulsive, Remmy", the girl said as a loud pop was heard. The twins looked at each other before seizing their wands and walking towards the noise.

Sirius Black had been debating where to go for about 20 minutes. The young boy couldn't go back home, not after everything he had yelled at his mother. Closing his eyes, the boy let the tears fall on his face as his shoulders shook uncontrollably. Taking a hold of his suitcase, Sirius made his way to the Leaky Cauldron to use their Floo powder. Still not sure where to go.

Venus gently opened the door of the cottage, hoping it wasn't her parents coming home so soon. "Sirius?", Remus was the first to ask as the black haired boy turned around to look at them.

Venus could see the pain in his eyes followed by the dried tears on his face.

Hugging him, Venus ran her hand through his long black hair as the boy cried in her arms. Remus joined in on their hug and whispered encouraging words to his best friend. "You're going to be okay, got it?", the girl asked while cupping his cheeks. "We'll find a place", "James parents love you, Sirius. It's not safe here for you", Remus stated as Venus shot him a glare.

"Why not?"

The Black boy questioned as the twins sighed. "Us, mainly", Remus said as Venus looked down at her feet. "Arms. Now", Sirius asked firmly as the twins looked at each other for a long moment.

Remus and Venus's arms had dozens of scars digged into their body.

Older ones.

Newer ones.

There were even some cuts that were fresh from the last full moon. Still puffy, red and bloody. "Why didn't you tell me? Or us? Or anyone?" Sirius asked frantically while brushing a soft finger against their scars and bite marks.

"We didn't want to be a burden, you guys already do so much for us", Remus said as Venus nodded at the statement made from her twin brother.