ₕₑₐᵥₑₙₛₑₙₜ

"Who knew the 7/11 stalker would have the best sense of scenery" her voice was softer, much like how her nerves were calmer.

Nick didn't react, instead he let peace in the silence take over, framing the serenity of the moment shared between the pair.

The two minds present had been overthrown with a variety of thoughts, none of them mirroring each other.

A smile crept on to the boy's face, a nervous frown being on the girl's.

He was quick notice, but he didn't want to intrude further in consideration of their interaction in the car just before arrival. Alternatively, he reached his arm behind her back, moving his hand in a circular motion with minimum pressure. Her shoulders relaxed. He took it as a good sign.

Minutes passed by, most of the orange in the sky being conquered by a cold indigo, speckles of white slowing revealing themselves scattered across the dim canvas.

"This has to be a dream" she finally muttered, head still comfortably rested on the boy's shoulder.

"What makes you say that?"

"In what world.... in what universe, would I have agreed to drive out of town to climb a tree?"

"This one, I guess..."

"That's not even the surreal part"

"What would you consider it to be then?"

"The fact that I've done it all with a guy I know nothing about."

"Then let's change that. Shoot me a question, we'll take turns"

The scene felt cheesy and unrealistic, the cliché 20 questions with the love interest act that happens in every story book. Y/n didn't even want to consider him as the love interest in this story... yet something in her fondly liked the idea, whether she knew it at the time or not.

"What's your last name?"

"Armstrong..  Nicholas Armstrong.."

"Huh, like the guy who went to the moon"

"Haven't heard that one yet" his voice radiated obvious sarcasm, though she remained on the topic.

"Astronomy and astrology's pretty cool, wouldn't you say?"

"You wanna be an astronaut in the future?"

"No, but the idea of spending the rest of your life studying the universe's cute little freckles make me feel something."

He chuckled, lowering his head just so it rested above hers, eyes now examining the vast sea of stars above the two.

He hummed a short tune, thinking for a second before he knew exactly what to ask.

"Without telling me what it is, how would you describe your favourite colour?"

She froze dumbfounded, "Wow so you're getting all philosophical on me now?"

"Might as well call me the next Rousseau" he joked, throwing homage to the philosopher from the Age of Enlightenment that he remembers all the way from his 9th grade social studies class.