xxxix.

"Sirius is coming over soon

"Sirius is coming over soon." Andromeda smirks, making Cassiopeia raise an eyebrow questioningly. Even Ted looked at his wife in confusion.

"This isn't the first he comes here." Cassiopeia points out, making Andromeda roll her eyes playfully. "Why are you acting like it is?"

"Fine. When I last talked to him, he said he had something important to ask." Andromeda hums, making both Ted and Cassiopeia look at her with wide eyes. "Well, he said he wanted to ask me and Ted."

"Do you think he's going to..." Ted trails off, as Cassiopeia gets all flustered. Her heart rate increases as she looks down, letting her hair curtain her red cheeks. "Propose?"

"I don't know! But isn't it exciting?" Andromeda grins, while Ted starts to panic and Cassiopeia is left absolutely speechless. Nymphadora looks up at her mother.

"If Sirius proposes, does that mean I'll be an aunt?" Nymphadora asks, making the three snap their heads in her direction.

"No. No. It's after they get married and have a child, that you'll be an aunt." Ted explains, making Nymphadora nod before she goes back to playing with her toys. "I don't think I'm ready for Cassie to get married. She's too young."

"We were the same age when you proposed." Andromeda says pointedly, causing Ted to huff.

"I don't think he's going to... I mean I don't know." Cassiopeia says shyly and Andromeda playfully glares at her.

"Don't you all be so dull! The possibility is-" She cuts herself off as the sound of the door bell rings through the house and she grins. "It must be him! I'll go get him."

"No! I'll go." Cassiopeia exclaims as the two start racing to the door. Cassiopeia is the first to reach the door and she's about to swing it open, but Andromeda tries to pull her away, yet the door still swings open. The two look up at Sirius, who seems amused by the sight of Andromeda trying to pull Cassiopeia away. "Sirius, hey. What... what are you doing here?"

"Just needed to talk to Andy and Ted." He hums as the two girls straighten up and Andromeda smirks. He leans forward to peck Cassiopeia's lips. "But after that we could go for a ride."

"You came with your motorcycle?" Cassiopeia asks rhetorically and looks over his shoulder to get the answer to her question.

"Come on in, Sirius." Andromeda hums, pushing Cassiopeia to the side as Sirius walks in. Cassiopeia huffs and closes the door. "Cassie, be a darling and go spend time with Dora, while the adults talk."

"What? I can't come?" Cassiopeia's eyes widen, looking up at Sirius for help.

"She can come. I don't mind talking to you in front of her." Sirius hums, making Cassiopeia grin and Andromeda huff.

"Fine. Follow me then." Andromeda huffs and Sirius looks down at Cassiopeia in amusement and confusion.

"What's up with her?" He asks as they watch her walk to the living room and Cassiopeia chuckles nervously.

"Uh, she is lowkey insane." Cassiopeia replies and Sirius snorts, taking her hand before following his cousin into the room. They find Ted and Andromeda already sitting, Ted reading a book, which he puts down as they arrived. 

"Sirius, how are you?" Ted asks, making Sirius smile warmly, but Cassiopeia could sense him getting nervous.

"I'm alright. And you?" Sirius asks, making Ted nod.

"Same. Why don't you sit down?" Ted asks, making the couple sit down in the love sofa between Andromeda and Ted.

"Stop trying to act so intimidating. Must I remind you, you couldn't hurt a fly." Andromeda huffs, making Ted playfully glare at her. Sirius and Cassiopeia try not show their amusement. "Anyway, Sirius you wanted to ask us something. What can we do for you?"

"Right. Yes. About that." Sirius clears his throat, shifting nervously. Cassiopeia moves closer to him, rubbing her thumb on the back of his hand, trying to make him feel less nervous. "So, you know we finished with Hogwarts and we are joining the Order. And well, we're all thinking of moving in together. By we, I mean the whole lot of us. And I wanted to ask you if it's okay if Cassie joins us. And I know she can make decisions by herself, but I thought I'd do this right and ask for your blessing."

Cassiopeia melts, smiling up at him lovingly. She felts her cheeks burn up as she gets all flustered. She had once told him that she had always wanted Andromeda's approval and wanted to make her proud, so the fact that he came to ask her approval for something meant the world to her. Andromeda seems to appreciate her cousin's intentions and smiles approvingly, before glancing at Ted who seems just as pleased.

"You have our full support." Ted hums, making Sirius grin appreciatively, before turning to look at Cassiopeia.

"Cassie, will you move in with me and the others?" He asks her and she smiles, nodding with a wide grin, before hugging him.

"I must admit, Sirius. I really appreciate you asking us for our blessing. It's very nice." Andromeda says happily, making Sirius pull away from the hug to look at his cousin.

"Well you know, the old hag might have been the worst mother, but she did teach me chivalry." Sirius says casually, making Andromeda snort.

"Your mother has always been the worst." Andromeda admits and Sirius nods in agreement.