Can't help falling in love.

You couldn't move, not when your were pulled into someone's chest, an arm wrapped around your waist keeping your back pulled into their chest. The body had definitely had been asleep next to you for awhile, their soft snores and warm breath tickling the back of your neck. 

"Well then..." you muttered, rubbing your eyes. 

The body shifted a little, if possible bring your closer towards them. 

"Sorry sweetheart" they groaned, their hot breath hitting your skin, "Just needed a break."

You sigh softly bring one of your hands from under the blanket and placed it on top of his arm that was wrapped around your waist. "You came all this way to cuddle."

"You mad about it?"

John Shelby, your best friend and man you had a very, very, very big crush on. He sighed hard and kissed the back of your neck. "Sorry I just thought-"

"You would travel twenty minuets into the countryside to break into my home and cuddle me" you finished.

"mmhmm"

You roll over, facing your best friend, you notice the darkness under his eyes, his skin was cold and pale, his eyebrow cut with dried blood. This wasn't your John. This was the John that was slowly breaking, business was great but Tommy was getting more and more reckless; making enemies every other week, making John go on midnight errands. 

You place a hand on his cheek, your thumb softly running over his cheekbone. John leant into your touch making you smile as he slowly opened his eyes meeting your blue ones. His eyes were tiered and the colour had been drained out of them. His arm still resting around your waist, his thumb stroking the base of your back, over the silk of your night dress. 

"My fucking head hurts" John groans, pulling you closer. 

"You are adorable" you giggle running your fingers through his fine hair. 

"I know sweetheart, imagine what our kids would look like fucking adorable the lot of 'em" he smirks. 

"What did Tommy make you do this time?" you ask quickly almost scared of the answer. 

"Made me go shoot someone...again" John replies, "I see the blood every time I close my eyes, I wanna leave, told Polly that, she said its okay and she understands but Arthur and Tommy won't I know it but I can't stop seeing the blood or hearing their screams...I only see normal when I am with you."

"You are always welcome here" you smile your finger tips running up and down his bare arm. Now was not a good time to realise John was just in his underwear, luckily your room was dark and hopefully John didn't notice the blush. 

"Just don't wanna be a burden on ya, s'all" He confesses sighing softly. 

"You ain't John, could never be a burden"

"But I don't wanna put you in danger-"

"You aren't-"

"If I put you in danger and you get hurt, I can't loose you y/n, if you do get hurt or worse fucking killed I... I couldn't live with myself and what if-"

"John kiss me"

"What?"

"Kiss me-"

John pressed his lips against yours and sighed at the contact, as if it brought him some relief, the sense of home and the rush of love you both felt made you smile. You felt the tension in his shoulders lessen as his tongue swept over your bottom lip. You shuddered at the sounds of his moan. John pushed you onto your back and settled heavily between your thighs, his hand dragging down your side and thigh.

Only pulling away for air, John placed his head in the crock of your neck pressing feather like kisses on your shoulder. Pulling away he kissed you again then rested his forehead on yours, you both close your eyes in the moment in content. 

"I love you John."

"I love you too, my darling."