Chapter 50: The Final Equation V

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN: Three days before the finale!

LORELEI

"Shall we play a game to entertain ourselves?"

I WAS torn on whether I'd check out what happened inside the Atrium or continue listening to Stein Alberts' threats. His short figure stood beside Loki, his small hand firm on his shoulder. He still wore that malignant grin which, I'm sure, the four of us would want to wipe off his face.

As the two locked into a staring contest, Alistair excused himself to verify the situation inside.

"Come on!" Stein lightly slapped Loki's shoulder before pocketing his hand. Kahit sa simpleng galaw niya, napapaangat na ang mga balikat ko. "Huwag mong sabihing killjoy ka na rin, ha? We both know you don't like boring parties, but how about parties with a twist? So let's play the game, shall we?"

"Actually I prefer parties, no matter how boring, where we celebrate the defeat of the big bad guy," Loki responded with contempt. His cold gaze, similar to his brother, lingered on Stein. Jamie was still clinging to his arm. "I'd be more than willing to dance around to see you defeated."

"Oh, should I feel scared?" Stein laughed, his shadow resembled that of the devil throwing back his head. His confidence was terrifying most of the time. Wala siyang takot na humarap sa amin kahit nag-iisa lang siya. "Well, the game has already started so you can do nothing but to play it. Don't let me down, QED Club. I prepared for this very moment."

That, I wouldn't be surprised. Luthor gave him the ship's layout and probably every detail that he might need to execute whatever his big move was. He came here well prepared and we were in for a surprise.

"Someone collapsed on the stairs." Mabilis na bumalik sa tabi namin si Alistair. He was jerking his thumb over his right shoulder. "I haven't asked for details yet, but she doesn't look well. Walang pinapalapit na kahit sinuman sa kanya."

We all turned to Stein. He brought tragedy to what was supposed to be an enjoyable trip!

"What did you do this time?" Loki asked with his inquisitive eyes.

"Are you now interested to play the game?" Stein put his hands together and rubbed them. His eyes were gleaming with joy. "Very well! This party will be more entertaining if there's a murder involved. Oh, scratch that! Murders is more appropriate, don't you think?"

I gulped. He sounded like a grim reaper delivering a bad news. His raven outfit perfectly fit the profile. Kulang na lang ay humawak siya ng scythe. How many lives was he planning to take with him today?

He pulled out something from his chest pocket. Alistair raised his guard while I took a step backwards. Akala ko kung ano na, isang piraso ng papel lang pala ang ilalabas niya. He offered it to us, wiggling his eyebrows. I turned to Loki who refused and only stared at it.