fortytwo.

"Finally! I'm free!" I shouted as I ran into Tubbo and Tommy's house. I immediately came over after my last day of overseeing everything at work. It was a half day, since I only had to go in to sign some papers.

I ran over towards the couch and wrapped Tommy and Tubbo in a huge hug. We hadn't spoken much for one whole month, it was so long, too long in fact.

I let go of the two boys and looked back at the television, since they kept shooing me away. What could be more important than me coming back?

They had a Twitter page on their television and Tubbo kept refreshing it again and again anxiously.

"What is going on? Why are you guys not giving me any attention?" I asked with my arms crossed in front of them.

"They're announcing the Streamy nominees soon," Tubbo said as he waved his free hand signalling for me to move away.

I took a seat next to Tommy and slowly leaned onto his shoulder as we waited for the post to come up. I was slowly starting to drift off to sleep, until the post actually came out.

"It's out, it's out, click it, click it," Tommy said impatiently as Tubbo clicked the link for the nominees page and scrolled down to the 'gaming' section.

"YES!" The two boys said in unison as they both jumped up from their seats and started to hug each other. I was quickly pulled out of my seat and into a group hug.

"Yay! You guys got nominated!" I said not as energetically as them since I was already super tired. I was extremely proud for them, but I couldn't match their energy at the moment.

Soon, the excitement died down and everyone sat down at their places again. Which was a relief for me, all I wanted was to take a short nap and continue with my party later on in the afternoon.

We started to watch a sci-fi movie which I was really disinterested in so I slowly drifted off to sleep as my head leaned onto Tommy's shoulder and I hugged his left arm.

It was so comfortable to finally be able to sleep well in such a long time. Who am I kidding? It was comforting to be next to him and know that everything would be alright.

I don't know what time it was, but I eventually woke up from my nap. I was a little groggy so I kept my eyes closed for a little longer as I let myself adjust back to being awake.

"Alright, I'll do it tonight if you do it too," Tommy said.

"No backing out of this one, because I'm really going to do it big man," Tubbo replied to him.

"Do what?" I said stretching my arms and letting go of Tommy's left arm as I lifted my head off his shoulder.

"Nothing important," Tommy replied hastily as he got up from the couch and left the living room.

He seemed like he had a lot on his mind, I wondered what happened while I was asleep.

That thought was then abruptly stopped as Tubbo started to get up as well. He began pushing me out of the house and telling me to leave and get ready for the party.

"But it's just gonna be the three of us, why can't I just wear this?" I whined as Tubbo had his hands on my shoulders leading me out of the door.

"You stink, go change into something that looks and smells better," He said before shutting the door in front of my face.

What was up with the both of them? Why were they both suddenly acting so weird?

Whatever, they would tell me later if it was important anyway. I wasn't going to think so much about it, since I didn't want to ruin the whole party mood.

I walked next door back home and into my cold and silent home. Suddenly everything felt so empty, like there was something missing. I hadn't been home that much this past month, so my home was slowly reverting back to its original state.

Back before the boys had moved next door and came over almost everyday making the house feel more like an actual home. Something I myself couldn't accomplish alone.

I walked up to my room and got a change of clothes for the party, since I apparently smelt weird to Tubbo. I showered and got my hair done before going back over to my neighbours' house.

"Hello bo-," I exclaimed as I walked through the door before I saw five figures standing in front of me.

"Surprise!" Izzy shouted as she ran towards me engulfing me in a warm hug.

"Wait, what, how?" I said in shock as I hugged her back and looked beyond her to Oliver and Jacob.

"Tommy suggested that we bring over Isabella and Jacob, so I asked everyone to come!" Tubbo explained in an upbeat tone.

I looked towards Tommy and gave him a big smile, and mouthed the words, 'thank you' to him.

He gave me a thumbs up and smiled back at me as Izzy let me go from our warm hug.

"Birthday song, cake, let's go," Jacob said as he led us all to the dining table. On the table was a beautiful cake with two long candles and two shorter ones next to it.

I stood behind the cake as the flame from the candles reflected against my face. I was smiling like a child that was unwrapping their Christmas gifts on Christmas morning as their parents watched them by the couch.

We sang the happy birthday song, yet I couldn't help but notice a pair of blue eyes stick out from everyone. He looked at me as though I was a prize at the top of a mountain and he had just conquered it.

I must've saved a country in my last life for me to be lucky enough to have ever met him in the first place. Who cares if he liked another girl? I could just be one of his many fangirls who admired him from afar. Right?

These thoughts ran through my head as they finished the last line of the Happy Birthday song.

"Make a wish and blow out your candle!" Izzy yelled as she clapped her hands excitedly.

I smiled at her and looked back at Tommy momentarily before closing my eyes and making a wish.

"I wish that everyone here gets what they truly want deep down," I whispered quietly before blowing out my candle.

"What was your wish?" Tubbo asked while taking off the melted candles from the cake.

"Just for everyone to get what they want, nothing too deep," I responded with a knowing smile plastered all over my face.

The true meaning behind my wish was that I wanted Tommy and I to have another shot at making our relationship work.

But of course, it's only a wish. Unfortunately I don't have a magical genie in a lamp that would grant them for me.

Unless someone wants to take the initiative to make my wish come true.

1206 words