Chapter 14<3

Ravens POV

I watched as he disappeared into the crowd, heading to the tables. I know he wanted me to follow. So that's exactly what I did until I felt a rough hand grab my wrists. I looked back to Jaxon who had a pleading expression on his face. But I had to do this. I had to face my last living demon.

I walked back to Jaxon and pulled his face down to mine, leaving a kiss on his lips full of love. I leaned my forehead against his.

"Take care of Tyler for me." I whispered before I quickly walked away towards the direction of Marcel.

Soon a blonde stepped in front of me and looked me up and down, as if assessing me.

"Raven?" She asked smoothly.

"Yes?"

"Great." She grabbed my wrist tightly and started dragging me somewhere. "I'm supposed to lead you to Marcel. I'm not part of the mafia so the rules don't apply to me, I will shoot you if you run."

Fuck. Marcel may be a sick bastard but he isn't stupid. What they don't know or anyone knows except for Lizzy is that I have a tracker planted in my arm. The funny thing is, it's shaped as a birth-control implant so it can't be thought of anything else.

Soon I'm pulled into a huge conference room where Marcel is sitting at the other end, back faced to me. God I'm going to hate this.

"Sit Raven." His voice is calm but the demand is clear.

"Nah. I like standing."

"I didn't ask you did I?"

"Nope you didn't. Sounded more like a suggestion to me. But then again I never asked for you to be born yet here we are." I scoffed. I have no filter to my words when it comes to him.

I watched as his fists clenched and unclenched. I pushed a button. Whoops.

"I see you boy toy hasn't fixed that mouth of yours. I would gladly do it though. Father always kept you in check, maybe it's about time that starts again." He turned around to look at me.

"What the hell do you want from me Marcel?" I spat at him.

"Mmm I have a deal to make with you. Well, actually more of......threat actually." He chuckled darkly "Marry me. Become my wife. Give me an heir, hand over the mafia, and I'll let you and your little family and boyfriend live. If you don't, I take it by force and kill you all in the process. Your worst enemy's are my biggest allies Raven. Easy way or hard way?"

"Are you fucking insane? You will never lay a hand on my family. Ever. Plus I would never marry you nor give you an heir! We share the same blood for Christ sakes!" I could feel my anger rising. There is no way he will ever hurt my family.

"Oh, but that's where your wrong sweetheart. We don't share a father biologically. My mom cheated on your father so technically there is nothing wrong with you producing me an heir or marrying me." He walked up to me, grabbing both my wrists in a death grip while pushing me against a wall. "Agree Raven or I will make you and in less than a week you will be kneeling in front of me, begging for my forgiveness and only when you submit to me will I stop and treat you how you should be treated." He whispered in my ear, making me want to throw up.

But I will fight. I will protect my family. I won't give up what I fought for. Things are about to get real dangerous but it isn't anything I can't handle.

I look Marcel straight in the eyes. "Here's the thing Marcel, you may have my enemies but I have my allies. I was raised to lead. I was built for every challenge thrown my way. I'm just as crazy as you, if not crazier. I killed my shit-of-excuse sperm donor. I've killed more than you have. But what separates us? I think like you. I know your moves before you make them. You wanna start a war that you won't win? Good luck. When I'm done with you, I'll be sure to skin you alive and make a rug out of you that way your where you belong. Under my feet."

I sent my knee flying up against his dick and watch him fold in half on the floor. I scoffed at how weak he was from one hit.

I walked back out into the ballroom. I pressed against my ear-piece.

"Everyone there?"

"Yes." I heard everyone say.

Suddenly I felt a small body crash into my legs, I looked down to see Tyler hugging my legs. I picked him up and hugged him tightly. I looked over his shoulder to see Jaxon looked at me with love and pride but that was just the mask that hid the fear and worry.

I walked up to Jaxon, cupping one of his cheeks in my hand. He closed his eyes and leaned into my touch. He did it as if he was scared it would disappear at any second.

Jaxons POV

I knew she saw it.

The fear behind my eyes.

The worry.

What she didn't know was we all heard Marcel's and her conversation. I heard every threat he threw at her. I heard all her replies. She was playing a dangerous game but I trusted her strategy's.

Every enemy she had that was my ally, I had already talked to and set things straight. They were on our side, Marcel thought he had them though.

But I wouldn't meddle anymore without Raven asking for help. I know she wants to protect her family, but I'm scared of how she is going to do it. I know I'm about to see a side of her that won't be pretty.

"Lets go home" I whisper, looking into her eyes.

"Home?" She asks as if she doesn't know what home is.

"Yeah, Home." I give her a small smile before we head home

•••

I look at the clock on the bed-side table 2:30am. We left at 11:00 and as soon as everyone was inside, we all went to bed. I've been awake throughout it all though. Tyler was on the other side of Raven, Raven has her back against my chest but I can't stop worrying.

I slipped out of bed carefully and walked out onto the balcony. I looked into the dark city that was illuminated with lights from every corner. I don't know what to do. I don't know how to help.

So I did the one thing I could think of.

I dropped to my knees and bowed my head.

"Lord, Jesus, God, anyone, just please listen. I pray that you protect the ones I love. I ask that you watch over them and keep them safe, give them the strength to get through this. I ask that you forgive me for the sins I have committed. Lord, I ask that you listen and accept my apology. I'm not perfect but I know you built us all they way you did for a reason. I wanna be a better man for Raven. I wanna be someone she can count on and feel safe with. Lord please forgive me........Amen."

A/N: Please please please comment your thoughts! Also do y'all think we could reach 1k by New Years? Maybe? No pressure but definitely a little wishful thinking lol, have a good day loves