60

slightly more gorey chapter, just mild mentions of blood, as per usual. 

He'd decided midday to call the horrible creature dreamon. Dream demon. He figured it made sense. Skechers had instantly stole everyone's hearts online too. Sapnap and his fanbase were very enthusiastic about the tiny duck.

Dream flopped onto his side and closed his eyes. He was too tired. He'd been losing sleep rapidly. He lowered his head and was out like a light to his surprise.

He jolted awake in the Dream world and heard the familiar growling. He groaned and stood up, looking down at Skechers, who chittered rapidly at his feet, running around frantically.

" Okay, okay, hush. " He said quietly, exiting the room and peeking around the corner. He quickly hid behind the wall and heard the thrum of heavy footsteps.

He held his breath and slid down the wall, hoping the monster hadn't noticed him. He heard Dreamon snuffle around in the next room over and stiffened when it stopped abruptly.

Suddenly there was rapid thumping that grew louder and it rounded the corner, it's eyes fixed on Dream. He froze, his eyes wide with distress as he struggled to get his thoughts straight.

He ducked last second as Dreamon struck out and he yelped, rolling out of the way last second and turning into his blob form.

He made an angry trill and lunged for the beast, his own claws striking at its face, which he had found was its weak spot.

The monster growled and ducked before jumping at the blob. He stumbled out of the path of the slice and Dreamon's claws slashed his side. Obviously he wasn't fast enough. He winced with a pained chirp before opening a watering eye.

He quickly snapped upright, realizing the monster had Skechers cornered.

He snarled and threw himself at Dreamon, knocking it into the wall. His own marshmallow-white, dagger-like claws dug into its side.

The beast suddenly disappeared from under his grip and he stood puzzled before the stinging of the wound on his side snapped him from his thoughts. He glanced down at it nonchalantly, panting as he tried to catch his breath.

Lime green smeared down his side, glistening in the little light in the hall. He looked over at Skechers who looked up at him and quacked. He felt a faint smile cross his lips before the world swirled around him and he stumbled back against the wall, clutching his side with a hiss of pain.

Dream woke up abruptly as he took a shuddering pained inhale. Wait- pained? His tired eyes widened as he looked down at his side, which had 3 large slices from the Dreamon's claws. He grimaced painfully, still clutching the open, bloody wound like he had in his dream, inhaling sharply.

How the hell did that carry over into the real world. He exhaled shakily and George shifted beside him.

" Dream? " He mumbled. '' Another nightmare? " He asked without opening his eyes, his face burrowed in his pillow.

Dream opened his mouth to respond but couldn't find it in him to do so. George sat up slowly rubbing his eyes.

" Dream- " He trailed off, his eyes focused on the large, bloody claw marks that stretched over his left side. " How the fuck did that happen?? " He whisper-yelled at Dream.

He gaped for a moment longer before shaking his head and darting to his feet, rushing to the bathroom to grab the first aid kit. Or at least, that's what Dream assumed.

He pressed himself against the wall, deciding he probably wouldn't be able to stay sitting up if he didn't.

George returned a moment later and quickly got to work, wrapping up Dream's side. " God, can you please go two seconds without getting hurt. " He begged the blonde. Dream gave him a crooked, obviously pained smile.

The gunshot had hurt, but this was a whole new feeling. The foggy confusion didn't help either. He didn't respond, instead furrowing his eyebrows in a vain attempt to ignore the pain.

His tail flicked as he rubbed his eyes. He was exhausted despite just being asleep, he looked out the window and realized it was bright outside.

George carefully helped him to his feet, and Dream leaned on the Brit heavily, wheezing.

The brunette glared at the stairs and glanced at the blonde before carefully making his way down, one step at a time.

Eret looked up curiously from his book and jumped to his feet when he noticed the bandages stained red around Dream's torso.

" What happened? " he yelped as he rushed over, helping them the rest of the way down the stairs. George shrugged, obviously worried and frustrated.

" I don't know, I woke up to him clutching his side and he won't say anything. " George huffed.

" Because I don't know what happened either! I got hurt in my nightmare and it carried over into the real world! That shouldn't even be possible. " Dream snapped, tugging at his ears and George carefully pried his hands off of them.

Eret seemed vexed and George planted a kiss on Dream's forehead, frowning.

" It'll be okay, Dream. " George reassured him, sounding unsure himself. Dream shook his head helplessly.

He slouched and sighed. " Can I have some coffee? " He requested, looking up at Eret. The fallen angel nodded.

Eret headed off towards the kitchen and George cuddled up to Dream's right side.

Sapnap wandered downstairs, coaxing Skechers to follow him. The duckling quacked nervously before launching themself down the first step, landing with a thud. The noirette chuckled and picked up the duck, praising it and carried them the rest of the way down.

He paused and looked at the two huddled on the couch, his eyes drifting to the bandages.

" What- "

" Eret will explain. " Dream said tiredly.

He nodded slowly and walked to the kitchen with the duckling still cradled in his arms.

Dream took the phone from the table and fiddled with it absentmindedly, swiping through the endless amount of pictures. 

Hi! I hope y'all had a great holiday! 

Did you get anything interesting or that you wanted? Lemme know!

I got a ton of new sketchbooks and some makeup that I don't know how to use! Please send help lmao I've never really worn or done makeup before other than light lipstick or something. 

Love y'all!!!

Moony <3