02 | Warmth

02 | Warmth

Calum | POV

I ran to the university clinic as fast as I could. On my way to Sophia's building, a group of girls came running to me, telling me Sophia was hurt. 

"Move!" I pushed some guy aside as I made my way in the clinic. Sophie was there, she was sitting on her bed, her foot hanging from the edge. The nurse had already tended to her foot. 

She spots me and a smile found its way to her face. I walked and sat beside her. 

"Want to tell me what happened?" I asked. She lets out a soft laugh. "I slipped and sprained my ankle. That's all." She says simply. 

"Can you walk?" I asked her and she carefully hops of the bed and took small, easy steps. She limps. She sighs. 

"This won't do." she said frowning. I laughed and walked ahead, my back facing her as I got on one knee. "C'mere." 

She wraps her arms around my neck as I held onto her, giving her a piggy back ride. 

When we exited the university clinic, we hear a group of girls giggling and whispering to each other. 

"Oh my god, if he was my boyfriend I would sprain myself!"

"Sophia is so lucky!"

"They're so cute!"

I can't help but smile, hearing that people were envious of us. They were right, we were lucky to have each other. 

"Could you reach for my keys?" I asked. I felt her hand rummage through my backpack.

"Got it!" She dangles it on my face. I laughed. "I can't see." I complained. 

When my car was within sight, she unlocks it. 

I carefully set her in the passenger seat and jogged to the driver's seat. 

Sophie lives alone, away from her parents. So we usually eat dinner in her apartment. 

"You have all those fancy cooks but you never eat in your house!" She would always say. 

True, but I never really liked eating alone, now that Mali is gone. I don't want to live in a house accompanied just by people hired by my father. Who were paid to pretend that they actually care for me. I'd rather be with just one person who truly cares. 

After dinner at her place, I drove to the headquarters. 

The guards nodded and moved aside when they spotted me. When I walked in, I was formally greeted here and there. As the mafia don's son, I was treated like royalty. The untouchable. 

"Hey loser!" ... except for Michael. He's my best friend, a brother. We grew up together. 

I smack his forehead. "Michael."  He dyed his hair again. 

"Check this out." He brings up a whole bag of cash. "Finally made the cowards pay their debts. I'm bringing it to the boss."  He pats the bag and wiggles his eyebrows. 

"Good for you." 

"Oh yeah, remember when we fought the Bisons? They left a scar!" He complains, pointing at the scar above his eyes. He waits for my reaction but I gave none. I just looked at his scar and continued walking. "But it makes me look more badass so they're off the hook." He blabs. 

"Mm." Was the only response I gave him. He pushes me. "Dude why are you so serious?" He asks annoyingly. 

"Sophia."