Chapter 14: Life and Death

We're out of time.

We have another hour of walking and we didn't make it in time.

We sway on our feet as we try to make our way to the mountains.

They're so close.

Heron collapses.

I'll never see Lake again.

My knees crumple.

I'll never see mom again.

I fall onto my back.

I'll never see Lily again.

I take deep breaths.

I'll never see Jasper again.

I close my eyes.

I won't see the forest again. I'll never go hunting again, I'll never see the people I love, I'll never see my district again.

But I would be with them.

My father. My sister.

But how would my mother react? Could she deal with loosing yet another piece of her family? Of her heart?

Do I give up? Do I give in? Do I let death claim me?

I open my eyes, and I see white.

(AN: I'm doing a temporary POV switch.)
Third person Lake POV:

Lake watched his sister stumble forward, swaying in her feet. She looked as if she would fall of the wind blew. Her ally, Heron, crumpled. Then June fell.

Lake's heart sped up and his breathing increased. "No. No, no, no... not her, please, not her, please..." Lake begged to no one in particular.

The thirteen year old stood, then fell to his knees, just as June did.

"No! June, please get up, please, please, you can't die! You can't die too!" Lake cried, his mother as well.

It was like watching her die all over again.

Third person Lily POV:

Lily watched the games in horror, her younger sisters curled up to her sides, their mother standing behind them.

Her best friend fell, and stared at the sky. "No! June no! Get up, please!" She wailed. "June please... I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry..." Lily whispers through streams of her tears.

Third person Jasper POV:

Jasper just walked into his house, back from hunting, when he sees his fourteen year old sister and mother sobbing.

June, he thought.

The rabbit he caught fell to the ground as he rushed to see the TV.

Jasper would never forget what he saw.

June, a crumpled sunburned heap on the ground. Her forest green eyes had darkened and lost the spark of life that had taken a residence there.

She blinked slowly, her chest moving up and down slowly.

June, his best friend, dying in that arena. And he couldn't do anything about it.

June... Dead. Did those two words even fit together?

AN: I AM AN EVIL PERSON. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA-ACK. Note to self: Stop hanging around President Snow.

Anyways: Hope you enjoyed!! I think I'm having a bit too much fun with this. :3

Until next time!!!!!!