42 • Silver

Chapter 42

Chenle stretched his arms high up into the air. He smiled. 

"Come on~ attack me~" 

With a frown, Cho-a turned to Jisung who stood next to the two. He was their only spectator and also the one supposed to keep an eye on them. Yet, he wasn't even paying attention. His eyes were glued to his phone screen instead. 

"Jisung," Cho-a called at which he looked up quickly. 

"Oh, sorry. Haechan is texting me. What's the matter?" His eyes fell back down onto the screen but at least he was listening to her. 

A couple of days ago, after meeting Young-hee, Cho-a and Haechan had let Jisung in on the plan. He was more than doubtful but thought about it for a bit ere he approved. 

So then, Haechan and Taemin left to socialize with random people they didn't necessarily want to socialize with. 

"How are they doing?" Cho-a asked an absent-minded Jisung. "I didn't talk to them since they left." 

"They are-" he began quickly and stopped equally fast. "Bonding? Yeah." 

Which sounded worrying but she took it without questioning it. They had Jisung to look out for them after all so there was no need for her to butt in.

Impatiently, Chenle put his hand on Cho-a's head and turned it so it faced her again. They locked eyes, the boy's gaze intense and judging but the girl was merely surprised.

"We are working here, can you stop looking at Jisung?" 

Cho-a hesitated. Chenle was right but also, "he's nice to look at."

Jisung grinned. "I get that a lot-"

"Shut up," Chenle and Cho-a retorted simultaneously. Jisung rolled his eyes, looked back at his phone. 

"Look, all I'm asking is that you ram your nails into my neck and take my powers," he said as if it was no big deal. Cho-a just grimaced.

She had considered him the normal one - up until now.

"I don't even know how," she replied casually.

"You did it before."

Cho-a nodded, looked away with her bottom lip pushed out thoughtfully.

"Yeah, but that was a in the heat of the moment kinda thing. I don't know what I did." She shrugged. "I was just upset."

Upset?

"So..." he began. The way his voice trailed off and a soft smirk drew over his lips were alarming. "What do I have to do to make you angry?"

It didn't take her even a second to shake her head. "You can't."

"Wh-" he paused. "What do you mean?"

"Well, we are friends and I know you are on my side. I know you wouldn't hurt anyone I care for and you wouldn't mean any insults you might say to me so there's no use in getting angry at you."

Chenle frowned. "You think too highly of me."

But that wasn't it. She just had gotten used to him and she had gotten to know him. He wasn't a big evil man taking souls. He was a kind boy, funny and charming. 

How could she get angry enough at him to act rashly like that? 

How could he make up an insult convincing enough to push past his friendly-

"So that must be why Renjun doesn't want you to practice." 

Cho-a's eyes snapped up to look at Chenle. He looked down at the girl with a cold, judging expression.