Chap 9

While driving back to pick up Zarin, Mahira started thinking about Zaid when her car stops at the signal. The way he talked and the way he respects women though being a mafia leader was incredible. 

In this one month, she had heard a lot about Zaid from his employees that how beast he could be when somebody disrespect woman especially those who try to stand on their own feet and earn whether it would be a sweeper or a manager. He does not care regarding their designation. 

He hates those women who flirt over him for money and are gold diggers. She was brought out of her trance when she heard the car horns which could make any person deaf. She started her car and headed towards a cake shop to buy a cake, balloons, and a crown as it was Zarin's birthday tomorrow and she wanted to celebrate with her tonight at 12. She bought a small heart shape chocolate cake as Zarin was crazy about chocolates 

 She bought a small heart shape chocolate cake as Zarin was crazy about chocolates 

After picking up Zarin they both headed towards their house. After doing their daily routine like cooking, washing dish and praying they headed to their bed at 11.00. Though Zarin had asked about the cake and other things Mahira lied saying, she had to give this all to her employee's house who has invited them tomorrow for lunch.

After Zarin slept Mahira decorated the living room with a balloon and a banner and kept the crown ready along with the cake for Zarin to cut. She did not switch on the lights as the moonlight, street lights and the society lights were enough for her to do work.

 She did not switch on the lights as the moonlight,  street lights and the society lights were enough for her to do work

At 11.58 she woke Zarin up and cover her eyes with her hand and switch on the lights at 12 and wish her a happy birthday. Zarin was in tears as it was for the first time after 12 years she was cutting her birthday cake. They celebrated their little moment of love and happiness with each other. Suddenly Mahira realized her mobile to vibrate. She was confused about who would had text her so late at 12.20 so she check it and was shocked to read the name of the person who has texted. 

************************

Zaid was working as a farmers bull today, as Saad made it a point to remove sweat from his brother today, as he was out of the office for one month and also did not allowed Asad to come back. 

Saad was exhausted with such a heavy workload and decided now Zaid has to pay for it. It was 11.45 pm when Zaid reached near Mahira building and saw the lights off. He missed his day of seeing Zarin today.

He was just about to start the engine to drive back home but at that time his phone rang. It was from one of the dealers so he decided to sit there in the car and talk as the street was quiet. After hanging the call he was about to start the engine again but had to stop as he saw the light going on of Mahira's house. 

He saw the time and it indicated 12.00 as he was stalking them for one month he knew that the lights would get off at 11 pm or least by 11.15 pm and would never get on again, as he had waited over there till 1.00 am at times. 

Restlessness took place inside him regarding Mahira and Zarin. are they fine? what happen, why the lights are on again? are they in any trouble? Battling with the number of questions and finding no answer for these questions he decided to text Mahira and find the answer for it. As calling at this time would be odd and he cannot also show them that he is stalking them.

Zaid started the messaging with a simple Hi at 12.10 am

He waited for 10 mins but still no reply. He thought maybe Mahira is sleeping and only his love is awake but then why? Why she is awake alone? what happened? is she not well? should he call Mahira so he decided to text again and was determined if he does not get a reply after this text he would call Mahira after this what so ever happens after that

12.20 am -  Hi

12.20 am  -  are you awake. 

Finally, Mahira replied to him and a sign of relief was seen on his face so he continues to text her to find the reason what happened today that why the lights are on. 

Hi

Yes

So are you working this late

No

Then?

Celebrating

Celebrating? but today I don't remember any festival is there?

Yeah I know but celebrating my sisters birthday

And a smile creeps on Zaid's face. It was his love's birthday. He wished that he could go there and meet her right now and could have a piece of cake from her hand. He wanted to know more about his love his Zarin so he continued typing

Wow that great, so what is her name?

A smile creep on Mahira's face as she knew very well that Zaid was stalking them for more than 20 days, but still, he is asking this? 

                                                                                                                                                                                   Zarin

How old she turned today?

Mister never ask a beautiful girl her age.

O !!  😟 🤔

Just kidding she completed 19 today and step in 20.

So am I invited to the party

Sorry, you know how she...

It's ok I don't want to make her feel odd and spoil her birthday

Just wish her a happy birthday 🎂 on my behalf. 

Sure I will, thank you so much 

Enjoy and take care

Good night

 Good night you too take care 

After completing the chatting with Zaid and winding up everything and making Zarin sleep again by creasing her hair softly so that she can relax and sleep Mahira kept thinking about Zaid again and a small smile creeps her lips thinking about Zaid and Zarin. 

That how perfect they would look with each other, as she knew that Zaid was stalking them for more than 20 days.  But she was confused for only one thing was, for whom is he stalking, is it for her or Zarin. 

She had made up her mind that if Zaid would send a marriage proposal for Zarin she would accept it as an elder sister or more as a mother happily for her princess as Zarin needs protection which only Zaid could give her. But she had a doubt will Zaid accept Zarin after knowing her past, after knowing what the reality is?