Part 18 - A Surprise

* Hadrian's POV *
I held onto Sirius as he apperated us to the Blacks house, we arrived on a muggle looking street and I looked around in confusion. It was nice but I hadn't expected a muggle street since the Blacks were well known purebloods who didn't hide their views on muggles and what they stand for. He must of seen my confusion since he laughed and pulled out his wand, he pointed it at the building and the ground began to shake.

I looked to the buildings as another house emerged from the building and fit perfectly with the other houses. "Welcome to 12 Grimmauld Place!, it's protected by a Fidelius Charm, so we will be safe and we won't have any issues from James or Malfoy apparently", he said looking at me, I just smiled and shrugged. "Okay inside then", I held Tom's hand and followed Sirius inside.

As soon as me and Tom stepped in a house elf popped in front of us and started yelling "Black brought dirty blood into mistress's house, she would roll in her grave", he then started to grumble at Sirius and poke at his legs. "Siri who's this?" I asked trying to be nice "This is Kreacher, he's the Black house elf but definitely shares the same Pureblood ideals as Mother". Kreacher looked offended and spoke again "No no no just ideals about power held in purebloods, if you find a powerful dirty blood Kreacher would not care", I smirked and let my core expand to him. His eyes widened and he ran circles around me "Master who is this!", Sirius looked confused and replied "My god son Hadrian Potter", he looked questionable at the last name but there's it anyway "how can Kreacher help master Hadrian". I smiled and asked if he could take my bag to my room, he nodded and popped away, I smiled at Sirius who looked as though I had accomplished an impossible feat. "Common Tom I'll show you our room", I said while dragging his arm to the stairs.

I was stopped by Sirius placing a hand on my shoulder, I looked at him with a head tilt "he's got his own room and I want to talk to him first, you go ahead and unpack", I looked at him suspiciously I really didn't want them to fight. "Okay..", I smiled at Tom and let go of his arm, walking up to my room.

* Tom's POV *
"So Tom", I turned to look at Sirius who was really close all of a sudden, "yes sir?". His eyes started glowing black and I tried to figure out what creature it was but I soon gave up, I have no idea. "He's your mate correct?", this was a question I wasn't sure how to answer, yes he was my mate and he is mine but has he told Sirius? Does he even want him to know yet? I looked back at him and he looked amused.

That was another thing the twins warned me he was protective so I would have to be careful of what I said "Yes he is", I watched for any signs that gave away what he was thinking only to find non, clearly he had been taught the pureblood mask. "I thought so", he began, I watched as his eyes stopped glowing slightly and he continued "I have rules but as long as you don't hurt him I'm glad he has you", he finished and looked up at me. I smiled and nodded, for a while we sat talking and he explained how he wanted me to protect Hadrian with my life if he was in danger with I agreed to and would have done anyways.

After a while I looked at his curiously, he must have noticed since he looked up and asked what I was thinking. I laughed and explained "it's just the twins said you were extremely protective and I could likely die coming here for Christmas", he started laughs but I noticed he didn't deny it. "This would be the Weasley twins correct?", I nodded and he looked out the window, sometime into our conversation we had sat down in the arm chairs by the fire, "yeah I didn't trust them to start with it's true, but that was a long time ago, they have proven they care and would protect my cub".

"But you know, it's probably the Grim side of me, but I was stuck in Azkaban for a crime I didn't commit. I'm not afraid to go back and that's what scared the twins, if not that then definitely the Grim side of me", I just started I had no idea what to say. We were taught about the prison and how awful it is, that if you are sentenced there you're likely not coming out. It's a place many fear more than death and yet he would go back to protect Hadrian.

I also wanted to ask about what a Grim was and how he was part of one, or one was part of him? However what if that was something I shouldn't ask or if it was something I would want to know when he told me. I decided to go for it "So what's a Grim? And why are the twins scared your part of it?", he smirked and leaned back in his chair. "A Grim is an omen of death, which is reputed to bring about the demise of the person who encounters it. The Grim takes the shape of a large, black, menacing, spectral dog. It also happens to be my animagus form". Okay now I didn't know what to say, Sirius stood up and walked over to my arm chair leaning against the arms "you better hope you never give me a reason to show it", his eyes turned black and reflected my crimson red pupils, that emerged from the threat. With that he smirked and stood, his eyes back to normal "I knew you weren't a push over, now follow me hades is probably waiting".