Part 19 - Brocken Manipulations

* Hadrian's POV *
Sirius and Tom had been talking for so long that I had unpacked all of my belongings into my room. When they finally knocked on the door I was reading, I put the book down and followed Sirius downstairs again to the living room. He said he had a surprise although I didn't see anything in the room, I sat down and cuddled into Tom's side, wrapping my tail around his thigh. "So what's the big surprise Siri?", I asked since he was now pacing in front of the fire. "Okay I need you to not panic when you see it and it's going to be arriving any time now", before I could ask any questions the fire erupted in green flames and Lupin stepped through.

I tensed and Tom moved his arms to wrap around me, I glared at Lupin "Please stay calm cub", what he hadn't called me that in years, since I was little in fact. He looked at Tom who was definitely growling I rubbed circles on his palm and he stopped, Lupin then looked to Sirius who smirked and then back to me. "And this is?", I smiled and leaned against Tom again "I'm Tom, Tom Riddle", Lupin stare at him and I glared "what are you doing?". "You do realise he's a vampire", I just stared at him confused "I would have thought with what you are, you wouldn't judge", I growled accusingly.

"Not judging, just wanted to make sure you knew cub, I'm surprised you're okay with it", he said looking at Sirius who shrugged. Lupin sat down and I waited for someone to speak or explain how this was supposed to be a good thing. When no one spoke I decided to "Since when did you care and since when is 'cub' back as a thing for you", he looked down but didn't speak. Siri spoke up "I need to explain something to you, but you're not going to like it", I felt a lump in my throat he never sounded this serious.( I'm  not sorry 😂)

I let them explain and I couldn't believe what they were telling us, this whole time it was all Dumbledore. He had placed compulsions and blocks on my family, well except James but that's fine I have a better Dad and I didn't need my siblings I had better ones. However I couldn't believe that I still had a mum I smiled and remembered the shocked and confused look on she face at the platform, maybe she does still care.

They explained that Sirius had always kept protective shields against that type of magic since the war on Grindelwald that ended with him in Azkaban but Remus had never thought to keep them once the war was over. This hole time he had loved me but was forced to hate me, I knew how bad it was for him especially since his wolf would want to protect me naturally. He explained how he went to Gringotts at Siri's suggestion and was now free of all the blocks and compulsions placed. "I am truly sorry cub, I feel awful that I did that to you", I smiled and hugged him "it's okay I'm glad you're back".

"Okay on a happier note, Kreacher is making our tea so we can relax and maybe watch a movie?", I smiled and we put a movie on we ended up watching Teen wolf which was mainly just to annoy Remus. We were halfway through an episode when we were called for tea , Kreacher had made a delicious roast dinner. I sat down next to Tom and held his hand under the table, throughout eating Remus kept looking at Tom suspiciously which made me wonder what he was thinking but I decided to ignore it.

We went back to the living room to watch the rest of the episode and I fell asleep in Tom's arms as he ran his hand gently up and down my side.

* Tom's POV *
I ran my hand up and down my kitten's side as he slowly drifted into sleep, I smiled and brushed the lone strands of hair out of his face. "You better not hurt him", I turned my head to Remus who had amber glowing eyes staring at me, mine instantly glowed crimson red and glared back "I wouldn't", he kept staring until Sirius laughed "I already threatened him Mooney", he looked at him and leaned back. "You never let me have any fun", they told me to take him up to bed and I agreed as they left for their rooms.

I gently moved my arms, on to rest under his legs and one supporting his head and back. I carried him up the stairs and laid him in his bed, I took out my wand and changed him into PJs before tucking him in and leaving hesitantly to my room. I walked in and got changed into my own PJs before climbing into bed to read, after a little while I was about to put my book down when the door to my room cracked open slightly and I heard a soft voice "you still awake Tommy?", I smiled and replied with a soft "yes, are you okay?". He opened the door and walked in a bit "I can't sleep", he looked at his feet and just looked adorable. His hair was slightly messy and his ears were flat against his head with his tail swishing back and forth. I opened the cover of my bed and tapped the side, he smiled shyly and walked over, getting in and cuddling into me.

I wrapped one arm around his waist and rested the other on top and over his side, he tucked his head in the crook of my neck and I ran a hand through his hair until his breathing evened out and he was asleep. I then moved my hand back on top or his side to pull him close and fall asleep myself.