Part 20 - Caught Red handed

~"TEXT"~ = parseltongue
* Hadrian's POV *
I woke up with my head resting on Tom's chest, he was awake and pushing the hair away from my face. "Morning Kitten", I smiled "Morning Tommy", he smiled back at me and I moved to reach his lips gently. "As cute as that is, your lucky I was sent to wake you up, not Sirius", I looked to the door where Remus was stood. My face flushed red and I hid back in Tom's chest. "Just be down for breakfast in 5 minutes or I'll send Sirius", I smiled "Thanks we will be there".

After Remus left I went to stand up when Tom pulled me back down into another kiss, "now we can get ready". I laughed and walked into the bathroom to brush me teeth, after that I chose some clothes and brushed my hair before heading down with Tom to breakfast. We walked down the stairs holding hands when I spotted them "hey guys what are you doing here?" I smiled and ran to hug them both, "no offence but you don't usually visit until the end of the holidays".

They laugh "we're good we just wanted to come see you", they glanced at Tom and I sighed great another overprotective issue. Tom must have caught on, he moves and pulls me by the waist until my back hits his chest "suree". The twins glare when Sirius walked in "And you two said I'm the protective one?", they both stopped glaring and smiled shyly at Sirius. Honestly you'd think after knowing him, they would be less nervous around Sirius but I guess he is kinda intimidating.

We walked to the table and I sat down next to Tom, linking hands again and wrapping my tail around his thigh. We ate and made idle conversation but I couldn't help notice Tom running his finger over my ring finger, I smiled but wondered why since he usually did it on my thumb. The thought was lost when Remus spoke "So I was thinking today we could go for a walk around Diagonally and then to Florean Fortescue's for ice cream", I smiled and nodded along with a very exited looking Sirius.

"Does anyone know what the others are doing we could invite them over?", Fred asked, I tried to think "Bella is busy, I'm not sure what Barty is doing but we could invite Luna and Neville I haven't spoken to them in ages", The twins agreed and Tom looked confused. "Oh you haven't met them yet have you?" I smiled "no but I would be glad to meet them today, Barty is busy with his pureblood family and they are very strict so". "That's okay we will call Luna and Neville", The twins ran off to floo call them and we finished breakfast.

After a while we were ready to meet Luna and Neville at Diagonally, Remus went through the flew network first with the rest of us following. Sirius was the last to follow and we began to look around for Luna and Neville, I walked holding Tom's hand. I am a little cold but I forgot to bring my jacket, we continue to walk until I spotted bright blonde hair. I smiled and ran towards her dragging a laughing Tom with me, "Little Moon!" "Hades", She lunged at me and hugged me. I let go of Tom and hugged back, she eventually let go and smiled "I knew I was right", she laughed when I tilted my head in confusion. "You found who you were looking for", I smiled as I remembered the words she spoke to me on the first day.

"I have someone who wants to see you but we've been having a great time", I smiled finally Orcus slithered out from Luna's jacket and onto my extended arm. ~"Morning hatchling, I missed you"~, ~"I missed you as well Orcus"~, he slithered around my shoulders and sat comfortably. "Kitten I didn't know you had a pet snake", i smiled as he wrapped his hands around me. "I-", Orcus snapped at Tom, his eyes glowed red and he growled ~"Watch It!"~ he hissed back. I just stared at him "you can speak to snakes as well?", he nodded and I looked at him more.

* Tom's POV *
"You can speak to snakes as well?", he asked I nodded while staring at the snake with red eyes, stared at me from around his neck. They called the snake Orcus but it won't let me go anywhere near my kitten. I looked up to his eyes to see him staring back "What?" I asked with a slight chuckle. ~"We could talk like this all the time and it's like our own language"~, I smiled his eyes were lit up showing how exited he was ~"It can be ours kitten"~, he smiled wider.

~"Hate to break this up but hatchling who is the red eyed imposter"~ the snake looked at me from his shoulders while my kitten laughed. ~"He's Tom, my mate Orcus, so you have to be nice"~ I smirked as the snake looked at me ~"Fine"~. I walked over and my kitten smiled interlocking our hands again, his hand was cold and I looked up at him. "Are you cold kitten?", he smiled and shrugged "a little but I forgot my jacket", I smiled and took off my jumper.

I passed it to him and he smiled putting it on, it reached down to his knees and he looked adorable. Orcus slithered into the hood and hissed ~"Okay maybe he's not so bad"~ I smirked and we both laughed. I remembered we weren't alone and turned back to the wide eyed group. "What?" I asked when no one spoke, Luna smiled "some didn't know you could speak to snakes", she replied with a shrug. Oh yeah.

After the shock, those who didn't know got over it and we had a really fun day laughing and joking around. Orcus warmed up to me and I don't think he minds me now, we walked around Diagonally for a little while and I got to know Luna who was very interesting and Neville who I really liked. We went to get ice cream and I made Fred and George distract Hades so Sirius and I could pick up his gift for Christmas.

After the long day Hades fell asleep while leaning on me at the ice cream parlour, so I carried him home and placed him in his bed since Sirius was doing nice rounds.