Bonus Track: My name is Luke

2013

A week after Daisy's thirteenth birthday she went searching through her brother's room. Now, her brother wasn't around anymore, so no one would tell her not to, but she still felt guilty sometimes. Five years before Daisy was born, her older brother was in a freak accident that resulted in the death of him and two of his bandmates. There was a fourth, but Daisy hadn't ever met him even though he was still alive.

Daisy had been through her brother's things so many times, that she almost tell you everything that was in his room. So, when she came across the journal for the first you can say she was a little confused. How had she never noticed the journal in the drawer of his bedside table? She had come across many... uh questionable things, but never that journal.

Naturally, as the curious thirteen-year-old she was, she read it. It was filled with what she assumed was poems and lyrics. There were even cords written messily on some pages, but most looked like they had never been finished. At the back of the book, Daisy found the top of a torn page. It looked like someone had been in a hurry when they ripped out, as most of the title was still there. MY NAME IS

Daisy took it to her parents to show them. When they saw their daughter had found their son's songbook, they knew it was time to tell her.

"Come sit with mom and me,  hun," Daisy's dad said. Confused, she did as she was told, and sitting around their dining table, the Patterson's told their only daughter the story of her older brother.

Luke Patterson was only seventeen when he died, and was only sixteen when he ran away from home. He had a passion for music that his parents just wouldn't support, and it ultimately became their biggest mistake. Luke was in a band, Sunset Curve, and they had become pretty popular in their local music scene. It was Reggie, Alex, Bobby, and Luke against the world... until one night it wasn't anymore. The band was set to play at the Orpheum, but they never got the chance to.

"They said it was food poisoning," Daisy's dad had said. "From hotdogs sold out of some man's car." The reminder made her mother sob. Bobby was the only one not to eat the hotdogs that night, but the Patterson's hadn't heard from him since the funerals.

It was a few days later when Daisy made the connection to her brother's missing song and one of Trevor Wilson's songs. Daisy had grown up listening to Trevor and had always found one song in particular rather odd. Why would Trevor Wilson have a song called 'My Name is Luke'?