08. Midnight Melodies

As humans we surrender to our nightmares
And most of us find comfort in our dreams
And while it may be easy, it's not as simple as it seems
The experts tell us time heals
That it's our remedy
But she finds solace in her midnight melody
~ Miss Secret ~

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Third Person

─── · 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Not even 10 seconds.

Iris couldn't look at her reflection for more than ten seconds, when she looked at herself she saw sore eyes staring back at her.

She saw the sad girl she used to be, well still was.

The crying had given her a headache and she just wanted to stay in bed all day, she didn't want to leave her room in fear of hearing how unwanted she was.

She rolled her eyes at herself, it was pathetic really. She cried because two irrelevant people didn't like her. Get a grip, she told herself.

But it was more than that, these 'irrelevant' people were Amalea's children, when they didn't like her it was almost as is Amalea didn't like her.

'No,' she told herself.

She couldn't keep making up excuses if they didn't like her that was their loss. She just had to get over it, she knew an easy way to get over it would be to fight fire with fire. Attack them back, hurt them. But she couldn't, she didn't want to turn back into that person again.

"Who fights fire with fire anyways," she muttered.

She was right, why fight fire with fire you'll only make it bigger. She needed to fight fire with water, put out the flames for good.

Did she know how she was going to do this?

No, but there would be no harm in trying.

She took a quick shower and changed into some joggers and an oversized top with some fluffy socks, she gently brushed through her hair removing the knots before going downstairs to have lunch, she had missed breakfast because she had slept in.

"Good afternoon sleeping beauty,"  Lorenzo teased.

"There's nothing good about this afternoon,"

"Someone's grouchy,"

As she sat down Nazaire noticed her slumped shoulders and the bags under her eyes. When their eyes met he silently asked her if she was okay, she replied with a small smile and a quick nod. He didn't believe her but he let it go.

"Iris you look ruff, you good?" Valentino questioned.

"Just peachy,"

"Well, that's great peaches,"

"Don't make that a thing," she warned.

"Too late,"

"I see the princess finally decided to wake up," Dante taunted.

"Oh so I'm a princess now," she countered.

"Huh,"

"Oh nothing," she started, " I just thought you preferred the term useless spoilt brat," At hearing this Valerius snapped his head towards her and his brother.