Chapter 168: Battle for Dora (2)

Dora Tribelands, Kirkcour Woods.

2:15 pm. 14th Banem, 1092.

Tense silence pervaded the battlefield outside the centaur town as hundreds of blights and direwolves glared at the lone daeben warrior that stood between them and the town gate. Kashi whispered something into the ears of the black-coated stallion he rode upon, then cast his red, blood-colored gaze upon the monsters.

BOOM!

Gargantuan pressure exploded from Kashi's gaze and pressed down on the surrounding monsters like a sledgehammer! Hundreds of weaker direwolves instantly fainted in fright, and most others froze in place, knees shaking. However, even though their instincts commanded them to flee, the force controlling these monsters overrode that fear and forced them to remain on the battlefield.

The alpha wolves and the blights did not display any overt signs of being affected by the pressure, but if examined closely, the speed of their heartbeats would have been revealed to have tripled.

The monsters' fear was not without cause. Kashi often fought monsters tens of levels above himself. As a result, his Fighting Spirit was ridiculously high. In fact, so exponentially high that if he did not personally restrain himself, there were very few people in the world who could stand in his presence.

Kashi usually could not use this overwhelming advantage because he was either often fighting boss characters who were immune to its fear effects or battling weak monsters. It would not be fun to wipe them out without a fight.

This, however, was an important battle against hundreds of monsters. Even Kashi could not guarantee he would survive if he did not go all out. Hence, he instantly burst out with the full extent of his Fighting Spirit.

"Charge!" Kashi took advantage of the monsters' brief panic to spur Drixlia into a hard gallop.

Gelarios stared in shock as a dark aura burst out Drixlia's forehead and spread across its body to form a tight, dense black curtain. The stallion's mind-boggling acceleration forced the aura into the shape of a bullet as it crashed into the monsters' ranks.

The stallion's insane speed and Kashi's ability to instantly use the ki wall immediately after learning it notwithstanding were surprising in their own rights. Still, they weren't the reason for the shock in Gelarios' eyes.

The centaurs used their spears to create the formation because of the feedback each time the ki wall clashed against an enemy. If a centaur used their physical body to emit the ki, they would have to experience the initial backlash directly. It would be like slamming their bodies (although armored with ki) into the enemy forces. The point of impact was broad and hence not practical.

More importantly, however, the centaur would also be forced to bear the impact all around their body simultaneously, which would slowly damage them.

Early clan warriors introduced the spear to remedy this weakness. The sharp spear point streamlined the entire ki force into a single point. This made it much easier to pierce through the enemy forces and reduce the strain on the centaur.

The backlash was thus concentrated on their arm rather than the entire body. As long as a warrior sufficiently trained their balance and spear arm, the chances of accumulating injuries were low.

Kashi and Drixlia, however, were not obeying this principle. By using Drixlia as the 'spear-point' Kashi was forcing the horse to bear the impact of smashing into these tough bodied blights. Most animals would have died on the spot from such a task.

Kashi and Drixlia did not seem to care about any of this as they smashed into the blight forces with arrogant impudence. A massive explosion ensued as the first group of blights was blasted out of their path.