Chapter 4: You Failed! Kakashi's Final Decision.

"You have to think when using a Jutsu." Kakashi lectured. "They can use it against you." Naruto made a chocked noise.

        "Also..." Kakashi continued. "...don't get caught in an obvious trap, baka."

        That set Naruto off. He swung wildly and screamed gibberish as he threw himself around. Kakashi simply gazed up at the helpless boy.

        "A Ninja must see through deception!" he scolded.

        "I get it, dattebayo!" Naruto screamed.

        "I'm telling you because you don't get it. Listen up!" Kakashi replied. As he continued to lecture Naruto, he seemed as if he had lowered his guard. However, you knew better. "Your movements are wasteful. You're so..." Kakashi was cut off by a barrage of shurikens and kunai. They hit the right side of Kakashi, and he fell without another sound.

        "No way!" Naruto yelled, and he turned to the perpetrator. "You jerk Sasuke! You're overdoing it!"

        Kakashi's limp body continued to fly sideways, blood trailing after, before he landed, seemingly dead. However, just as he landed, smoke covered his body and cleared to reveal that it was, in fact, a log that had been hit.

        'Congratulation, Sasuke' you thought dryly. 'You just gave away your position.'

        Leaves from Sasuke's trees rustled, signaling that Sasuke had fled once he came to the same conclusion. The bushes of Sakura's hiding spot also moved as Sakura chased her crush. Suddenly, the sound of bells jingling caught your attention.

        "So that's where you've been hiding," Kakashi said, and you stiffened, mentally beating yourself up for getting too distracted to notice Kakashi sneaking up on you. Quickly, you threw a kunai at him without looking and fled. You jumped through the trees and made your way closer to where Naruto was hanging upsidedown. Just then, a high pitched scream resounded through the woods. It seemed that Kakashi had made Sakura his next victim after attempting to try you.

        "What's up with that 'Ninja must see through deception' stuff?!" You heard Naruto murmured as he strained to cut himself free. "Darn it! I'll never fall for his trap again!" He bent up and used a kunai to cut the rope that tied him to the tree. He spun in the air and landed on his feet. You leaped off your own tree and landed softly beside him. Naruto seemed not to notice you, so you tapped him on the shoulder. Yelping, he whirled around, only to see your blank face right in front of his. Surprised, he stumbled back.

        "(A-A/n)-chan, I didn't see you there." Naruto chuckled nervously. "Y-You didn't see me hanging there, did you?" Your silence was enough of an answer. He slumped down embarrassed. "(A/n)-chaaan!"

        "Naruto-kun, you shouldn't fall for such an obvious trap like that," you stated bluntly.

        "Not you too!" he whined. Then he grinned cheekily. "But it's not like I'd fall for that again." Ironically, another piece of rope decided that now would be the perfect time to yank Naruto up once again.

        "I fell for it again, 'ttebayo!" he cried. You felt a few of your brain cells dying due to the exposure of the personified version of stupidity. Mentally sighing, you took out another kunai and freed Naruto. This time, though, Naruto was not able to receive a soft landing. You crouched in front of the blond and offered your hand.

        "Naruto-kun, the point of this exercise is teamwork. We have to work together if we want to pass." You knew yourself that the only reason you were offering your help and asking for others' in return was just to pass. Although, if you knew the characters plus their personalities...