🌲{-Chapter 11- Promised Baking-}🌲

(I did not make this cake, just found the pic on Google so credit to the person who made it :)  )

Thank you guys for your continued support!!! ✨✨
___________________________

"I totally did not just draw millions of sketches for a book none of my friends know about haha."
___________________________

Your POV

I woke up and the first thing I see is a purple vest? I furrowed my brows and finally looked up, meeting a certain cyan eye. "Good morning my love, sleep well?" Nightmare had a grin on his face as he shuffled and moved to sit up, sitting me in his lap in the process. 'My love? That's new, not much different than my dear I suppose' I thought as I nodded to what he said. Stroking my hair he gave a small kiss to my forehead "What time is it?" I questioned and looked around to see where the sun was in the sky. "Almost 10:00 In the morning I believe." Nightmare hummed, I nodded once more and sighed, leaning my head on his chest and he made no notion to refuse my action, but rather welcomed it with contentment. "Remember how you said we could bake something together once you came back? Do you think you could fulfill and keep your word?" Nightmare grinned once again and looked down at me. I laughed in response and hid my face in my hands. I could tell he was confused by my actions but I was to busy laughing. "Why are you laughing? Did I say something funny?" Nightmare waited until I stopped laughing and looked at him with a broad smile. "N-No it's just- I thought it was so cute that you asked me to bake with you!" I giggled after finishing my last word and slightly blushed. "Hey, you're the one who said we could bake together. I've missed your baking anyways..." Nightmare avoided my gaze and I couldn't help but laugh and hug him "You are too adorable Nootmare~" when I pulled from the hug I 'booped' Nightmare on the non-existence nose and smiled once more. "Nootmare? Are you mocking me my love?" Nightmare teased and squished my face making it smush. "Oww- Okay fine! I'll bake with you if you stop squishing me!" I tried to pry his hands from my face and just like before I couldn't. He finally let go and smirked at my sore and red face, "Good. Now you know what happens if you tease me." "I hardly teased you! And-you do this to me all the time!" I crossed my arms and sent a fake glare to Nightmare. "Only I get those privileges in this relationship." He smirked and chuckled, his deep voice echoing trough the spacious room. I huffed and stuck my tongue out at him, "I'm still calling you Nootmare." I stared him directly in the eye, and with a nod I slipped out of his lap. "Now let's go bake!-" I smiled and headed towards the door, until something hooked onto my waist. "Oh no you don't- not without a good morning kiss." Nightmare turned me around to face him, or rather- his chest. "Good morning kiss?! That's not even– Mmph!" Nightmare pressed his non-existent lips on mine, cutting my sentence off. Once he was satisfied he pulled away, looking down at me and smirked for the umpteenth time. "There, now we can head down to the kitchen." My face flushed a rosy red and I puffed my cheeks nodding and followed the goopy skeleton down the massive hallways.

Nightmare's POV

Taking (Y/n)'s hand I led her to the castle's kitchen, easily maneuvering through the endless hallways. Once in the kitchen I let go of her hand and grabbed an old baking book on top of a shelf. Dusting it off I turned to (Y/n), handed her the old book and smiled, "So, what shall we make?" (Y/n) seemed to ponder while flipping through the pages, until her (E/c) eyes lit up and sparked like stars. I've missed that look. "How about this?" She turned the book at my direction and pointed towards a Yule Log cake decorated in a forest theme,(Picture at the top~) I admit it looked delicious. I grinned and grabbed the book from her small dainty hands, scanning the directions thoroughly I nodded. "Alright, seems plausible. Let's grab the ingredients and start." (I don't know how to make a Yule log so uhm-) after grabbing all the ingredients necessary I allowed (Y/n) to guide me along with things like stirring, measuring, and decorating. Even while stirring I allowed her to take both my arms and guide me, almost like a puppet, and show me how to stir correctly. I ended up letting her do most of the work while I rested my face in the crook of her neck. I don't regret that at all, she was extremely comforting. "Okay! Last but not least we need to make these small mushrooms out of this fondant! (-Fondant is a sugar paste! I love it) That should be pretty easy..." She hummed a soft small song as she continuously showed me how to make the mushrooms out of the sugar paste. We both finished and she added them to the dessert, making it look picture perfect. Just as I expected of her of course.