𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔.

Y/N's POV

I looked inside the cabinet, observing what supplies we had left.

It's been nearly 2 weeks, and you'd think time wouldn't pass by quickly in a zombie apocalypse, especially with no electricity around, but it did.

The cabinet was stored with plenty of water and food, since Isagi told me how his parents, especially his Dad, was a paranoid emergency prepared freak.

But as I examined the amount of food and bottled water we had left, I knew what needed to happen.

I sighed and closed the cabinet, turning around and bumping into Reo.

"There's not that much left, right?" He said.

"Mhm..."

"What's wrong?" Bachira saw Isagi's pale face. "You OK, Yo-chan? Need a hug?"

"Thanks, Bachira. I'm OK though," Isagi said. "Um... We need to do something about... the amount of food we have."

Tokimitsu gulped hard and his face had turned all sweaty and nervous. He was fidgeting with his hands like crazy, too.

"Guess we're just going to have to go out then," Shidou said.

"But it's not something easy to do. We're all scared," Kunigami stated.

"I don't exactly have many weapons but I've got a gun or 2 so -" Isagi started.

"No. The loud sound of gunshots could attract more zombies in the area. We should refrain from using that weapon at all costs, no matter how easy it may be to kill with it," I said.

The boys looked at me in silence and shock for a second before nodding in agreement. Using logical reasoning was important here. Messing up meant death.

"You're right... So we have to actually kill them... We have to actually go up to them and take them out..." Isagi looked down at his hands.

All of us dreaded this. But you have to fight in the zombie apocalypse.

Hold on, I thought I was suicidal. So why is it that I suddenly want to live? Hmph. You're telling me this stupid zombie apocalypse changed my way of thinking. That's something.

"Let's train," Isagi and Kunigami said at the same time.

"We can train to get stronger and improve our skills," Isagi explained. "We're all strong, but let's become even stronger."

The other boys smiled, even if it was just a little bit, but I didn't.

Have they forgotten I'm the only girl?

As the boys trained downstairs in the house's weight lifting room, I stretched upstairs in the master bedroom. Sweating vigorously is definitely not pleasant. To me at least.

As I did a bicep stretch while sitting with my legs crossed on the floor, I thought about a lot of things.

I was lucky to have found this house and these boys, and this house and its walls were definitely protecting us.

There were also not that much zombies in the area, maybe none at all, so I was lucky on that part too.

But in a few days, we'll be stepping outside for the first time since this all started. I made an annoyed face and kept stretching, stressing myself out with all these thoughts about what would and could happen.

Then Isagi slowly opened the door and tumbled in exhausted, covered in sweat. He fell onto the floor in front of me.

"Isagi?" I said.