|4| The Rocky Start

♪I get so lonely I forget what I'm worth We get so lonely we pretendthat it's worse♪

I get so lonely I forget
what I'm worth
We get so lonely we pretend
that it's worse♪

Drew Barrymore by SZA

••••••••••••••

"You're telling me, this asshole has to stay with me?" 

James laughs a bit under his breath, "I'm sorry, honeybun. There was a cancellation and he lost his room. It would only be for a couple of days, I have sent him your number so you guys can exchange the details. And know I owe you one. Look on the bright side, this will give you guys a chance to get to know each other before the main event."

After our meeting, the board gave their resounding approval. All efforts for the last couple of weeks have been for the show. Sin City is reeling and preparing while the world waits. Subscriptions have been flying in nonstop and Envy and Adonis have been on every feed online. It is intimidating, to say the least, knowing all these people are waiting and watching for what comes next. Everyone is eager to see Sin City's newest segment, 

The God & The Sin

A worried sigh leaves me, I can feel my anxiety increasing, it is different when we are in a building or outside. He is going to be in my home, in my space. I am the master of all things here and now he is being thrown into it. It makes me feel vulnerable, something I hate. Before we have even done our show, things are changing. 

I don't like the idea of him seeing this part of me, the Celeste he didn't meet that afternoon. He will get a look at my real life. Not only that, I didn't expect to see him so soon after our first meeting. It was so tense after we finished that I felt like I was seconds from bursting. His eyes on me and I was hypnotized by the great Adonis. As soon as the papers were signed, I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Luckily, I had my Uber outside before Adonis was able to confront me and was out of the building before he could try.

His expressive eyes still have me reeling, how much control he had with just one look. Adonis couldn't keep his eyes away and I couldn't either, a ticking time bomb about to explode. I didn't want to see what would happen if I stayed any longer. 

But now I'm fucked because he's about to be in my house. It's been two weeks since we have been in contact, working to set everything up for the big night. It has been a blessing, forgetting about Adonis's dark eyes and his hands on my skin. The prick has been torturing me for weeks.

After getting the rest of the details from James, I hang up the phone and look over my mostly clean apartment. The living room consists of a full grey couch and beige loveseat across from it with a snow-white area rug. There aren't many pictures up, mostly artwork from local artists and the front door lays behind the kitchen near the front door. One thing I love is the marbled white kitchen and stainless steel appliances, even if I am all alone there is room for everything.