|5| The Sleepover

♪ She's a maneater, make you work hardMake you spend hard, makeyou want all of her love ♪

She's a maneater,
make you work hard
Make you spend hard, make
you want all of her love ♪

Maneater by Nelly Furtado

•••••••••••••••

Water trickles down my face and I heave in a deep breath. What the hell was that, Celeste? Mind racing and heart about to leap from my chest, I can hardly think straight. My body is on fire and I can see my pupils are wide when I look at myself in the mirror. That heated interaction in the kitchen led to me escaping to the bathroom and Adonis disappearing into his room for the weekend. I was on the verge of either dumping his body into a ditch or fucking his brains out. 

I send a silent thank you up knowing that I was close to throwing him down on my kitchen floor and having my filthy way with him. I may not be experienced but I know his part goes in my part and kaboom. I'm a fucking idiot. 

Adonis has been nothing but a jerk since the moment I met him but still, it isn't enough to push me away. Every time I think I will split, he pulls me back in. If I can't make it these next couple of days then I have no idea what the show holds for the two of us. I feel like I am on the verge of exploding, taking out the whole world with me. 

Shutting off the water, I check to see if the coast is clear, no sight of Adonis in the main room and I sprint to the Cam room. I'm a coward, not wanting to face Adonis again so soon. We are supposed to be going live in a few days and I am not ready yet. 

The whole room is shifting from pink to white, the backdrop along with half the set up will need to be changed. Right now, I will do anything to get my head off Adonis and get to work without him. In this quiet room I have spent the last two years dedicating my life to, I find a sense of calm. 

It is all that I have known, my body, this room, and a camera. Crafting art for an adoring crowd. The show won't change anything, when Adonis leaves it will only be me once again. Like he said, I shouldn't get attached and I won't. I know this business just as much as he does, I need to remember that all of this rides on me. Mr. Black chose him for the task and we will accomplish it together.

I just have to survive a couple of days.

The day turns into night with no sound from my temporary roommate. Iridescent curtains are hanging from the ceiling, creating a curtain over the bed in the middle of the room. The white sheets and plush pillows make it look like the display is on a giant cloud. It looks like Heaven.

It's already late and after a shower, I can hear the noise coming from my living room making me groan. He just couldn't stay in the damn room. Now I am going to have to go through the room to get to my own. My hair hangs at my shoulder blades, still slightly wet from the shower and I make my way into the living room. A shirtless Adonis lays in wait, drinking my liquor and watching the tv.