14

I stare in horror at Wilbur, whose face is impassive and closed off. He knew, he knew how much I had been destroyed by that place, and he just handed me over like it was nothing. Like I meant nothing. Slowly, my body connects with my brain, and the true realisation of what he has just done sinks in.

I leap forward to claw Wilbur's eyes out. I don't hear or see anything else, besides my pure desire to cause him as much pain as I possibly can. I'm halfway there, face contorted into a snarl, fingers itching to wrap themselves around his neck. 

A pair of hands snag my waist and drag me backwards. I hit someone's chest, their arms wrapping tightly around my midsection, pulling me with them to the ground. I'm flailing my arms and legs around, eyes zeroed in on Wilbur's emotionless face, betrayal and hurt clawing at my heart. 

Another pair of hands are on me, pulling me to my feet, Eret letting me go. I blindly try and fight them off, but their hands clamp on my arms and still me. I shove Eret off me, and turn, seeing Dream on my other side, and rip my hands out of his grasp. I'm about ten metres from Wilbur, and I stand there, hands clenched, rage coursing through me.

Tommy, Tubbo and Fundy are next to him, shock written on all of their faces. Wilbur and I stare each other down, both refusing to even blink or move. 

"Wilbur what the hell is wrong with you!?" Tommy yells in disbelief, turning to look at Wilbur with wide eyes and horror painting his features. Wilbur only shakes his head.

"Tommy don't you get it? This is how we win. We were never going to win Tommy, but now we can, we can get our independence, we can keep L'manburg." He says, a small smile lifting  at the edges of his mouth.

"I don't care about that! I don't give a shit about L'manburg and independence if we can't get Rosie back!" Tommy says horrified. 

"LOOK AT HER! LOOK AT HER TOMMY! She hasn't even been hurt, they haven't even laid a hand on her, and she told me that. How can we trust her? Huh, Tommy? What if she's just the same as Eret? I mean you saw it, he was hugging her like he wasn't a traitor. We can't trust her anymore, and now she can stay with her real fucking friends and we get independence. It's the perfect plan, Tommy. It's perfect." Wilbur is unrecognisable. His normally calm face is twisted into a mask of pure insanity; pupils blown out wide, lips curled into a sadistic smile. How could he think I would betray L'manburg, my home, my family, everything in the world I care about? How could he think that?

They all look at me, betrayal weaving its way onto their faces.  Fundy's eyes narrow at me, hand flying to the sword on his belt, stepping in behind Wilbur. Tommy's face is still morphed into a look of pure shock and horror, hurt clear in his eyes. 

"Rosie, how could you?" He asks, voice cracking.

"No! Tommy no, I swear I didn't betray you. I love you guys, I wouldn't, I would never. Please, please I swear I'm not lying to you!" I say frantically, desperate for them to believe me, desperate for them to know that I'm not a traitor. Tubbo looks at me, tears running down his face, and nods hesitantly. I finally breathe out, sheer relief that someone believed me. I step forward, arms outstretched, when Dream grabs my shoulder, and stops me.

I struggle against him, as he wraps his arms around my shoulders, throwing myself forward, because I need to get to them, because I can't go back, I can't say goodbye, I can't leave. Horrible, heart wrenching noises escape my throat, tears pouring down my face, sobs wracking my body, as Dream easily pulls me away from them, Tommy screaming at Wilbur, Fundy holding Tubbo back.

I keep fighting, arms and legs flailing wildly, trying to find some purchase on Dream, throwing my body side to side. Eventually he gets tired of my attempts, turning me around and throwing me over his shoulder, as I pound my fists onto his back and kick my legs into the air. His arm rests on my lower back, stopping me from managing to get off. He carries me all the way back to camp, ignoring my screaming and thumping on his back.

We reach the house, and he gently sets me down on a couch, in an unfamiliar room. I tuck my knees close to my chin, arms wrapping around my shins, squeezing tightly. I'm terrified that if I let go, I'm going to shatter into a million pieces, as everything falls apart around me. I gasp wildly for air, heaving, as my emotions swell in my chest and squeeze my heart, my lungs and my throat. It feels like Wilbur's words sent spindly fissures running through my heart, one small shove away from splintering into razor sharp pieces. 

I feel Dream's weight as he sits down next to me. Tentatively, he reaches his hand out to cup my face, stroking his thumb over my cheek. I close my eyes and lean into his touch, yearning for some sort of comfort, so much I don't even care that it's him. I'm exhausted, that kind of empty tiredness after a bad day, and I let him continue rubbing his thumb over my damp cheek. I let him tuck my hair behind my ear. I let him lull me into sleep with soft touches and calming rhythm.

"It's going to be ok Rosie. I promise you'll be ok."

I let him tell me that too. 

---------

A/N Wow so now we hit some major conflict! Rosie doesn't want to be with Dream but Wilbur essentially sacrificed her and she can't go to L'manburg. As you can see, it's extremely different when I have Wilbur be the one suggesting this deal, rather than having dream suggest it and Wilbur agree, so I'm glad I went back and changed it. There's much more to come, and hopefully I don't use the wrong plan again!

We just hit 18k reads and 600 votes and honestly I am just speechless. I cannot thank you all enough for your truly amazing support, and the love you have shown me and my story. Everyday I check the stats on the story and it absolutely just blows my mind. You guys are the best thing about this story and I am forever grateful for all of you <3.

Please vote and comment, it helps out a lot and I love reading all your comments!

I really hope you enjoyed!

Oopsies x