Chapter 33

He looked up into the sky and then at you.

"I guess I can't avoid you now, huh?" He smiled.

"Oh, so you finally decided to talk?" You tilted your head.

He didn't answer, but laid on the grass, his arms crossed behind his head.

"The stars are crystal clear tonight, aren't they?" He asked.

"Yeah." You looked up.

Both of you admired the stars silently, when you spoke up.

"How have you been, Kuroo?"

"That's the first thing you are asking me?" He turned his head to you.

Your heart was pounding like crazy, but you tried to ignore it.

"Yeah, I haven't heard of you in so long." You smiled.

He laughed in his low tone and shook his head.

"I've been trying to be fine. How about you?"

"I don't really know. The last months have been kind of .. confusing." You sighed.

"You found new friends I see. Even became the manager of the team?" He asked.

"Yeah, Oikawa suggested it." You said.

"But you never wanted to be our manager."

"I wish I didn't become the manager tho. It's so much work!" He giggled as you were complaining.

"Why does it feel like we've never been apart?" He suddenly asked as his giggles died down.

"I know right." You smiled weakly, looking at the grass and going over it with the tip of your fingers.

"You know, I was mad at you." He said sternly.

"After all, you promised to always stay by my side and never leave me."

"Hey, you know that I didn't want that. Both of us decided that it would be the best to break up, so why did you act like that afterwards?" You looked at him.

"I was mad because you broke your promise, but after I realized that the way I was thinking was wrong, I wanted to talk to you. In person. In the group chat you mentioned that you were the manager of Aoba Johsai, so I waited for this opportunity to come."

"And what about yesterday? You didn't even greet me or look at me."

"Talking to you was harder than I expected, okay? I got nervous and had to think about how I was going to approach you, but luckily you approached me first." He grinned at you and sat up again.

He let out a loud sigh and looked at the sky again.

"Can you still remember the night where I took you out for stargazing?"

"Of course, how could I ever forget that night." You giggled.

"I've missed you so much, (Y/N)-chan." He even used your first name, pulling you into a hug.

You hugged him back, almost sitting on his lap since he just pulled you towards himself.

"I've missed you too, T-tetsuro."

He took in your scent and rubbed his hands up and down your back, while you just hugged him tightly.

You had forgotten what a huge effect his touch had on you.

He pulled away and tucked a strand of your hair behind your ear.

"As beautiful as always." He smirked.