twenty six;dancing with your ghost

When Isabella Swan opened the door to find Delilah George standing on the other side, she had to admit that it was a bit of a shock

When Isabella Swan opened the door to find Delilah George standing on the other side, she had to admit that it was a bit of a shock. Mainly because she had no idea how Delilah would have got to her house, or why Leah wasn't with her.

"Delilah, what are you doing here?" Not even two seconds after Bella had questioned the girl's presence was somebody else stood at the door.

"Delilah?" The golden eyes of Alice Cullen shone down on the brunette who had a large smile on her face. Alice took this a sign that Delilah was happy to see her, and therefore pulled her into a hug.

The human didn't resist the hug, however she never hugged back. Soon enough Alice pulled away, with a gleaming smile on her face now too. However, Delilah didn't spare another glance at the vampire, "Hey Bell, I just wanted to come round and apologise. I was just doing some reading, and I haven't seen you in a while. So I'm sorry, I know we used to hang out all the time."

The smile started to slowly vanish off of Alice's face as she watched the two girls in front of her. Delilah never used to read, and she never used to apologise.

"It's okay. I understand things are tough for you at the minute."

Now the smile had completely disappeared from Alice's face, "Delilah, why are things tough for you?"

Blue eyes moved from Bella and onto Alice, "I'm sorry, do I know you?"

If Alice were human she was sure she would have stopped breathing for a few seconds. Delilah didn't know who she was, how was this possible? It had been a while since she had last seen her, but not that long. Besides, it's not like Alice played a minor role in Delilah's life.

A nervous laugh fell from Alice's lips, "What do you mean? It's me, Alice."

A toothy smile was on Delilah's face, however her eyebrows were pulled together in confusion, "I'm really sorry but you must have me confused with someone else. I don't know an Alice."

As Alice started to open her mouth to speak, Bella grabbed onto her arm and shook her head, "We'll just be one second, Lilah." She then pulled the vampire into the kitchen, away from where Delilah was stood closing the front door.

"Bella, what's going on?" Alice questioned, her voice panicked.

"Some things happened while you were gone." Bella hadn't known the extent of Delilah's condition until she received a phone call from Maya a few days ago, which filled her in on everything the doctor has said, "Me and Delilah had a little falling out a while back, she was really mad at me and I wasn't sure why. But it turns out that she had a doctors appointment and they said that all of her insides were rotting or something like that. Anyway she started to blame me for it, and I'm sure she hated me for a while. And then one day she just showed up at my door acting as if we were the best of friends again. From then on we've been fine. Anyway, I told Maya that she came round and we noticed she was starting to lose her memory a little bit."