♡ 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐥𝐲 ♡

𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐥𝐲
3.1

(PLEASE IDK WHY THIS CAME OUT SO ANGSTY)

It was safe to say that Asahi was worried. (Y/N) hadn't shown up at all during practice today. Her dad had told him not to worry about it, but even still he couldn't shake it off. Everyone noticed her change recently. The heavy bags that had formed under her eyes, how her eyes seemed to always hold worry or how she held herself as if she had a big burden on her shoulders.

They had never seen her like this. Sure it had only been three weeks since they met her, but this was a stark contrast to the (Y/N) that they had met, who was eager to play volleyball and never failed to give them a bright smile.

They were worried.

But what worried Asahi the most was that there was a possibility that the previous self of her was just a mask that she wore, but said mask just cracked. Was she always like this, just she could hide it before?

Thoughts plagued him as he walked to the bathroom.

But then, the soft playing of the piano came from the music room. Asahi furrowed his brows, looking at said door in curiosity. He was positive that there wasn't band practice of anything like that.

The need to find out chewed at him, his large body making its way to where the music was coming from.

He did not expect to see a certain Ukai girl there, playing the ivory piano with a soft expression, fingers moving ever go gracefully across the keys.

"(Y/N)?" Asahi asked, making the girl jump in her seat a little.

She looked up at him, a small smile growing on her lips, though it didn't quite reach her drooped eyes, "If it isn't Jesus himself! What has the almighty lord come for today?" Her words came out lethargically.

The brow-haired boy scratched the back of his neck, the faintest blush on his cheeks at he chuckled, "Ah, well I wanted to see who was playing the piano." He walked towards her, sitting on the other side on the seat that she offered for him, the two awfully close to his liking, "I- I didn't know you played..."

Her elbow brushed against his as she placed her hand on a chord, though only hovered over it, "Rich people things," She shrugged carelessly.

He looked at her, "Rich? Is that your mom?"

She nodded, a salty edge to it, "Yeah. The school gave me permission to use the piano for my summer homework. I have to create a composed piece by the end of July," She sighed, eyes trained on the black and white keys in front of her.

Asahi whistled, "Wow... That's a lot to expect from a teenager. Is your school that pretentious?"

Her lips twitched up, albeit sadly, "Not really. I guess I have a reputation to hold up. I mean, mother-dear wants me to go to like Harvard or something."