𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘣𝘢𝘯𝘥

{the headband]

{the headband]

   sometimes hana would overhear certain things, no one was quiet around her. most thought she was just a nobody, (which hana would claim to be true) so people would talk.

   sometimes it was stupid things that would make you roll your eyes at the utter stupidity you'd hear, other times it was interesting.

   as hana walked the corridors and explored she heard a conversation about a hooded person going to visit the place iroh was locked up. apparently, he never went in and simply turned around when the guards would question him.

   she knew exactly who it was. it was zuko. she wasn't surprised by this at all. she knew that zuko cared for his uncle and was paying the price for betraying him. he simply just couldn't face him.

   she went about her days only talking to zuko when he wanted to and if he needed something. this was fine with her seeing as though she was alright to be alone.

   aranya was with her a lot of the time. she kept the earth kingdom girl company and often talked about the nations and how they grew up. hana let her in with warm hugs many days.

   the two adored each other. hana loved aranya's openness to her culture and not wholly believing what the fire nation had told her growing up. aranya loved hana's jokes and smiles. she had a deep appreciation for the girl, especially when hana was able to get zuko to talk to her superior, letting aranya work with hana and hana only. she was thankful to get out of so much work.

   today, however, something was different. something was nagging at the two girls. they both had something to say but couldn't quite say it.

   the two laid in hana's bed in silence. something that they regularly did.

   hana took a breath, "so..."

   "i have something to tell you," aranya blurted.

   hana rolled over onto her side as did aranya, "so do i."

   "you go first?"

   "no, you."

   "alright," she cleared her throat. "you just can't tell anyone."

   hana laughed, "who am i gonna tell 'ranya?"

   "zuko," she replied seriously.

   "i won't. i swear."

   "i have a girlfriend," she quietly said as if someone could hear the girls.

   hana's eyes lit up in delight, "that's amazing! why didn't you tell me?"

  aranya stared at the girl. she truly didn't know.

   "i can't have a girlfriend here. i can have a boyfriend but not a girlfriend. it's illegal, i could be thrown in jail," aranya was clearly heartbroken knowing her love would never be approved of.