Episode 3

excuse mistakes

Reagan Davis
Age : 19
Houston, Texas

I walked into Ms. Lisa's office and sat down in the chair swallowing the lump in my throat. "Y-You wanted to see me."

"Oh yes, you're being laid off" She said.

My heart completely dropped all the way to my ass and tears started forming in my eyes. "W-What? How? What did I do?"

"You just day dream constantly on the clock, your tardiness became a problem, and you can't bring your problems to work" She shrugged.

"I-I don't daydream, I-I just have a lot on my plate right now, I was only tardy twice because I had to find somebody to watch my daughter, and whatever happened out there wasn't because of me I didn't know either one of those people" I said wiping my face.

"I'm sorry but we have to let you go" She sighed.

"Please I-I really need this job, how am I supposed to feed my daughter?" I asked.

"Here's your last check" She said handing me the envelope.

I opened it to see $445.00. "Ms.Lisa, I need this job"

"I'm sorry Reagan, it just won't work" She said typing on her computer.

I nodded my head and wiped my face.

I left her office and went to grab all of my belongings. When I was done I went back to the front to clock out.

"Girl where you going?" Nina asked with a little smirk.

I just ignored her and walked out of the restaurant.

I looked at the sky. "God, help me please, I-I need you right now"

I continued the walk to my apartment building so I can get Raelyn.

When I got to my apartment building I heard the usual disrespectful men standing on the steps.

I ignored them and went up to Ms.Debra's apartment door.  I knocked softly and waited for her to open it.

"Hey baby, you're early." She frowned letting me in.

"Yea, I got off early" I lied.

It's not that I didn't wanna tell her but honestly I just didn't feel like talking.

"Raelyn , sweetie your mom is here." Ms. Debra shouted.

Seconds later I heard her little feet running in the room.

"Mommy" She shouted reaching to be picked up.

"Hey baby, you ready to go?" I asked adjusting her on my hip.

"Home" She pointed to the door.

I chuckled and nodded my head.

"I made some chicken and macaroni with cornbread yesterday so I got y'all some plates" Ms. Debra said passing me Raelyn's bookbag.

"Thank you so much I really appreciate you" I said.

"Girl you know y'all my babies, now hurry up and get in the house before I go to BINGO." She said.

I laughed and walked to the door.

Ms.Debra watched as we entered my apartment and waved before I closed the door.

"Mommy I slide" Raelyn said.

I frowned because sometimes I don't know what this girl be talking bout. "Huh?"

"I slide down big slide" She said with her hands up.

"Ohhhh you wanna go to the playground?" I asked.

"Pwaygwound" She repeated jumping up and down.

"Okay let me change and then we can leave" I replied.

She shrugged her shoulders and went to her coloring book.

I quickly took a shower and freshened up and put on some regular clothes.

I put on some lipgloss and put my hair in a ponytail.

I packed my purse making sure I had my taser, pepper spray, and at least $50 on me.

Once I was done with my purse I went to the kitchen to pack Raelyn's bag. I just grabbed some animal crackers and a Ensure Milk along with some baby wipes, pull-ups, and a extra pair of clothes.

"You ready mama?" I asked Rae.

She nodded her head and reached for me to pick her up.

"Rae my arms hurt can you walk half way?" I asked her.

"Otay" She said putting her fingers in her mouth.

I held her hand and we walked out of the apartment as I made sure that the door was locked.

We walked down the stairs as I secured Raelyn's hand tightly.

"Hey ma, let me take y'all out"

"Damn you bad as hell without that work uniform"

"I'll fuck yo brains out"

I quickly picked up Raelyn and practically ran away from the building.

"Mommy we batlady" Rae giggled.

"Girl you just be talking" I replied.

I wouldn't dare take my child to that nasty, pissy, ghetto apartment park so I walked us to a more kid-friendly one.

"SLIDE" Rae yelled squirming trying to get out of my arms.

I put her down and watched as she ran to the slide.

"Mommy look me slide" She shouted from the top.

"I see you mama" I smiled.

"I come down" She said sitting down and then sliding.

These are the moments that I cherish and live for. To see her smiling without a care in the world. She completely took my mind off of work. Sometimes I wish that I was a better mom but I have to keep reminding myself that I'm doing my absolute best.

"Shoe" Rae said running towards me.

I looked down to see her shoe untied.

I put her on the bench next to me and relaced her shoes to secure them tighter.

"Stay right there at the slide." I said sternly putting her back down.

"Otay" She said running off.

I watched her every more carefully making sure she was being safe and that nobody was watching her.

I love that little girl so much.

———————————————————————-
Hey y'all...

Third Chapter baby I'm on it lol.

How y'all like this?

What y'all think about Ms. Lisa? She wrong asf

Y'all think Nina and Takisha had something to do with it?

How y'all feel about Ms.Debra?

How y'all think she gone react when she find out Reagan got fired?

Those apartment are nasty and cringy as hell!!

What y'all think about Reagan questioning her mothering skills? I think she doing a damn good job!!

What y'all wanna see?

Also go to my wall on my profile and talk to me!!

Don't forget to vote, comment , and SHARE

Follow me kids!!

-JassyOut