Chapter 5

I was in the grill that night to drink off some of my anger and who do I happen to see sitting at the bar? The one, and only Damon Salvatore. 

I walk up casually and sit next to him with a small smirk on my face that he interprets as flirting but is really anything but "why don't you get a bourbon for the pretty lady?" I ask as I look him up and down assessing him fully. 

He immediately gets cocky thinking I'm flirting with him. "Well of course, who am I to deny such tasty-looking women?" he said, eyeing me up and down before motioning to the bartender. Hah fangs, I'm not going to be your next meal and neither is Caroling. 

I smirked deeper "oh you wouldn't like me, I would burn you from the inside out" I said casually hinting at the Vervain. 

He immediately stiffens before looking at me with calculating eyes. 

I giggled a little to myself "Oh don't look so damn paranoid fangs, I'm here to make some things clear. I am Allison Taylor, resident Witch, well not the only but the best. I have 4 people who are off-limits to you and you don't make a powerful enemy and I stay out of your way" I say casually taking a sip from the drink the bartender brought me.

He seemed to assess me "and what happens if I don't agree?" he asked, raising an eyebrow of his own. 

My face fell suddenly and I gave him a cold look"you do not want to make an enemy of me. I am not one to bat an eyelash at some bloodshed and as long as you stay out of my business I will stay out of yours. Hell, I'll even do some magic if you pay me but under no circumstances do you touch the people I love or I don't need vervain to hurt you. I could melt the skin off your bones if I wanted to and you wouldn't be able to move a muscle and that's just with my powers. Even without those, I can take down the likes of you baby vamp. So what's it going to be? Rational where you keep me in your back pocket or unnecessary enemy?" I ask with a death stare directed at him.

~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~

Damon didn't want to fear this witch but something in her eyes told him he should not cross her. And even though the irrational part of his brain told him to just kill her even he could concede she had a point. Why make the unnecessary enemy? Plus, you can always use a witch for hire.

~~~~~~

I watched as the gears turned in his pea brain before he choked out "fine, who do I need to stay away from?" he asked while giving me a death glare trying to intimidate me. 

I gave him a deadpan look and rolled my eyes before answering "Caroline, Tyler, Bonnie, and Jeremy. Anyone else you can kill as you please" I say with a shrug. 

He nodded to me so I just pound my drink and walk out the door going home for the night. That's one job done.

~~~~~~~

Damon had surprisingly kept me out of the drama for the most part. 

Care did ask me who he was when she saw him but I explained exactly who he was and she wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole. God the fact everyone was just fine with what Damon did to her was horrible. Elena claims to be her friend but didn't even care that she was being used. Sure she bitched about it but did she ever actually lift a finger to help or even comfort her when she remembered? No, no she did not. And another reason I do not like Elena.

The next day I walked into a little Cafe owned by a certain nerdy Vampire. 

I could see Slater nervously looking around and bouncing his knee.

I sat down at the table he was at making him sit up eagerly "do you have the money?" I asked simply with a raised eyebrow. 

He nodded frantically "ye..yea all 5 million is ready to be transferred" he says excitedly as he shows me his computer screen where he was about to transfer the money into my account. 

I nodded before casually pulling the necklace from around my neck. "Here, I figured a punk neckless would be more your style. Plus it's just the charm so you can change out the chain for anything" I say simply as I hold it out and gesture to his computer. 

He immediately hit send and grabbed the necklace like it was the holy grail.

"Nice doing business with you, you have anyone else that wants to do business send them my craigslist info. The going price is 5 Million a piece. If they want something specific they need to leave it in the offer" I say simply before getting up.

Before I could walk out he spoke up "if you ever needed someone to middle man for you I would gladly help" he said while looking at me with puppy dog eyes. 

I gave him a small smile "I'll keep that in mind" was all I say before leaving. Easiest money I have ever made.

Once I got home I collapsed on my bed with a grunt and immediately fell asleep. 

I was already exhausted by all the drama. It would be one thing if I was mentally still a teen but I am a grown-ass woman dealing with teenage problems and as much as I'm trying to enjoy it it was still frustrating. 

All I wanted to do all day was bash teenage heads together, and sometimes vampire heads but same thing honestly, at least when it comes to the Salvatore's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How do you like it? I felt like I did Damon justice, hell I made him a little smarter than what he really is. season 1 Damon was a lovesick idiot. He gets better but he really is a dick in the beginning. I don't know if I will have her tell him about the tomb or not.

Disclaimer: I own nothing but my own original character and plot.