twenty-one

I'm unbelievably stressed.

Ironically that stakes are high. Harry has to be discrete because he's doing a job and I have to be discrete counting cards because if I get caught the plan will be fucked. One wrong move, one obvious look and we are done for.

I'm sitting on the bathroom counter finishing up my makeup. I did research on Craps and really the only way to cheat is by stealing chips from people at the table. I'm not really about that. Harry walks into the bathroom and leans in the doorway.

"You almost ready?"

I put the wand of my mascara back into the tube and toss it down on the counter.

"Obviously not I have to do my hair." I roll my eyes at him through the mirror.

"Okay Okay." Harry chants as his hands fly up in surrender.

Once I finish hair and makeup I hop off of the counter and walk to the room to grab my dress. It's a simple back dress with mesh puffy sleeves. It's a little long but I will for sure fit in with the high rollers.

"Harry, I need you to zip me up."

Harry comes up behind me drags 2 fingers down my back before reaching the zipper and slowly zipping me in. I slip my feet into a tall pair of black heels and throw on a red lip. I do one final check over myself before exiting the room.

"May I say you look ravishing Carolina." Harry says while following behind me.

"Tell me something I don't know." I smirk at him and push the elevator button. Harry laughs then walks in front of me to get into the elevator. Harry is wearing an all black suit. Even his dress shirt is black. He has rings on as well including Erics.

In the car the ride is mainly silent until Harry finally speaks.

"Are you okay?"

"Physically, yes. Mentally is debatable."

"And why is that?"

"I'm nervous and on edge. I can't tell if I'm going to have a mental breakdown and chop off my hair or go and do something reckless."

"You are gonna do great." Harry says then gets out of the car, quickly walking around to open the door for me. I step out onto the pavement as Harry tosses his keys to the valet. With his hand on the small of my back I'm guided to the Blackjack table we were at earlier today. 4 older men are sitting at the table and look up towards me with a cocky smile.

"Styles, long time since we've seen you here." One of the men says while flicking his cigar into an ashtray.

"Indeed it has." Harry simply says before taking a seat at the table.

"Who's the arm candy?" Another man asks. I bite my tongue to prevent myself from snapping but god I'm more than a pretty face.

"Alan this is Parker, my assistant." I reach my hand out to shake each of their hands firmly with the fakest smile ever. There's 2 other younger women at the table. I honestly feel bad that they are hanging around with these misogynistic pricks.

After the men play a few hands the start getting competitive.

"Alright Styles you cocky mother fucker, if I win this hand Parker and this pretty lady kiss." A man who I've learned is named Brooks wagers.

"Absolutely not." Harry turns down the wager.

"Sir you have a deal." I speak up which causes Harry to whip his head around towards me.

"Parker you don't have to do this."

"I don't have to do anything, but I want to do it." I smile.