PROLOGUE

It'd been three years since the Galactic Empire was defeated, and though no leader remained, the remnants of that fascist state continued to survive

It'd been three years since the Galactic Empire was defeated, and though no leader remained, the remnants of that fascist state continued to survive. They clung to an outdated system, waiting and hoping that one day they would rise again.

However, they were afraid. Jedi Knight, soon to be Master, Luke Skywalker was said to have killed the Emperor during the Battle of Endor. Most of the galaxy believed it so, and yet they still ran the same old propaganda: "ENDOR IS A LIE. BELIEVE IT AT YOUR PERIL." The support that they had even two years ago had started to wane. Luke Skywalker is the boogie man who haunts their dreams now, and so they stay in the shadows will this man will not go.

Here on the middle-rim planet of Vallen, they announce their loyalty to the New Republic. In many ways, the planet of Vallen had no backbone. They're beliefs were the ones that would keep them safe at that time. Vallen would pledge their loyalty to the smartest option, the winning option. It didn't matter if it was the Old Republic, the Galactic Empire, or now, the New Republic, Vallen would choose who would receive their undying support based on strengths. Luckily for the New Republic, anytime Vallen made a decision as large as this, the rest of Galaxy would follow in haste. Frankly, it was a good system, and it kept the planet wealthy and secure.

Today, Princess Leia Organa was the chosen representative to oversee this monumental occasion. To say she was ecstatic would be an understatement, she was practically vibrating with excitement as she stepped off of the Millenium Falcon and onto Vallen. Her brown hair was up and done into extravagant knots and she had worn muffs over her ears in case it was cold. Based on the way her breath showed in the air and Han's teeth clattered loudly next to her, it had been the right call.

"It's beautiful," breathed Andromeda as she stood behind Leia, Luke's arm entwined with hers. Andromeda broke into a grin and leaned into Luke, trying to get the attention of the toddler resting in Han's arms. "Don't you agree, Ben?" He ignored her, instead clutching tighter to his father, eyes large in wilderment.

Vallen's mountains were ancient and magnificent. Coruscant was known for its nightlife, Kamino for being completely aquatic, but Vallen's ranges outshined them all. This particular range, the Donhestvo's, were snow capped and protected the large valley that was the Capitol. During the monsoon season they would be a brilliant and vibrant green instead of the dark blue they were now.

The ground the quartet stood on was frozen solid with permafrost and Han bounced along. "Would you look at that, kid?" He pointed towards the village. Bright lights were strung across the buildings and small fires were lined along the streets to keep everyone warm. Brightly colored flags hung from each home and window. For as chilly as it was, they all felt warmed by the site ahead.

"It kind of reminds me of home," Leia spoke softly. Han grabbed her hand and gave a soft squeeze.

As they made their way into the village, two Vallians holding hands made their way out to greet them. Their skin was a shining silver and one of them bore two white lines down their chin. Both had glistening black hair, one short and one long. The couple stopped in front of Leia right before the village entrance and bowed. Each of them crossed their free hand over their chest but still held onto the other's hand.