||10||

I feared of losing the one piece of source of breathing, the light at the end of a tunnel

Every single shore of that house whispered my waiting,my eagerness,my hope which I was caging inside my heart. That cage was made of crystal glasses, so fragile to be broken in a gust of wind. Therefore, I closed the window of doubts and unanticipations which could break that glass tainted in faith, easier than anything.

Each time took its slowest step to pass through my life,as if everything had frozen when I was free from the households,when I had left no excuse to spent time,when I was tired of worrying about everything and again my uncontrollable mind entered the realm of thoughts. Everything was testudineous.

I again felt indisposed and bedridden.
Sickness was not in my body but in my brain. There were no traces of illness in my body but still, I could feel the same exhausting chills in stomach. Instead of ensuring my meals regularly, nothing changed. What I couldn't realized was the reason of that feeling.

With the flow of time, I also once thought to call my family and a doctor.

I did.

Because, I was then unable to hold that sickness more. I knew, something had happened inside the depths of my heart.

My parents along with one of my cousins and best friend came to my home after the phone call. Another triggering question started haunting me the day before they came.

I was perplexed at the decision to let  my family know about mother-in-law. What would they think? What would they do after they would have found out that their daughter, whom they supposed to live like a queen was living a sacrificed life without her husband, without her own comforts and  without her ownself?

I knew,my family was very reluctant and ignorant of me as I was a girl. They thought marrying me off was the best way to get rid of a burden I holded,they were happy for me and no traces of worries were caused by me after Bilal married me. But I also knew,a family wouldn't accept their raised child to raise someone else who is not their own. They would have agreed if I was bothered by my mother-in-law like all other typical families. But would they agree to see me as a servant of my mother-in-law?

The night passed sleeplessly as I sat in the corner of mother-in-law's bed who was already lost in the realm of dreams with a peaceful smile in her lips. A mixture of her body smell aromated in the air along. I was questioning all the unanswerable questions to myself, knowing there were no answers until it actually executed in real.

What if my family gets angry after seeing my mother-in-law ? They will feel betrayed by Bilal who had promised my father to keep his daughter in all felicity and comforts of life. They will be broken to know, they sent me in this difficult consequence with their own hands. I will be pitied by them. They will feel guilted and hurt,but they will not see the depths of my life. They will not understand the innocence and helplessness of Bilal. They will end up in mistrusting Bilal.

What feared me most was, they would broke all my ties with this already broken family and again, they will refuse to listen any of my words.

I couldn't even think to live without mother-in-law and Bilal then. My rashed hands,tired body,mental sickness all were the obstacles in the path of unity between me and Bilal's family. I started remorsing on what decision I had taken would make me repent life long. As the night covered the world more darkly,and mother-in-law kept losing in sleep deeper, the fears grew more irresistible.

But I couldn't resist the loneliness and missing my closed ones also. That decision had to taken for sure. Soon or later,but must be.

At the sunrise,the doorbell rang my heart still got excited in remadancy.
They are my loved ones,no matter what they did against my wills.

The tears in my mother's eyes fluttered my heart, she enclasped me in a tight embracement.

" Husna! You have such a big house!" That smiling face of my family vanished every tint of worry from my mind for a ephemera.

The distance between me and my father were very but I was delighted to see him contented when a small crook of smile plastered in his face too. They roamed around the rooms as we kept talking to each other, tightening our hands together in fondle .

" Where is our son-in-law? " Father asked,in a worriless tone when he crossed the wall full of Bilal's many achievements.

“ He is on a operation,” I replied while frying some snacks and freshments for them.

" Oh, that's good."

" Are you still upset with your husband,Husna? " Tabassum asked me with a curiosity and a whisper while mom and father went to washroom.

That question paralyzed me dragging in a dip of silence.

“ No ” I said confidently.

" Oh! Alhamdullillah. I am so happy for you. See? I told you ! You would be happy once you are married. " she smiled widely hugging me by hand.

That also made me smile unintentionally.

" How is your husband by the way? An army must be very husky, less talkative and principaled,right?" She scrunched the show piece which was new to her. I noticed their outfit. They were a little more costly and proper than they usually wear. Still,in front of this city people they are a fragment. But that doesn't lessen their dignity in any case.

“ no,he is humble and very loving ”

The question created another enthusiasm in both Tabassum and Mom's face as they slided closer to me.

" Loving? What does he do to make you happy? Does he buy you so many sarees? And jeweleries? Or he prefers food? Oh...yes...I heard the pizza here are so delicious and taste like heaven! Does he buy you that? Or that bogrer?,"

She constantly blabbered all the imaginations she thought untill mother hit her in head. After a long time, I chuckled.

" Blabbermouth! Let her speak at least..."

“ it's burger, not bogrer.” I said giggling.

" Hawww....you have already become one of the city people " Tabassum taunted.

“ Never can I change what I actually am. I was, I am and I will be the same Husna, forever .”

A/N: Does this book deserve to be dedicated to someone ?