Before They Knew

Brielle POV

*Three Years Ago, Less Than A Year Before Descendants 1*

"It was so dreamy, he just leaned over to me with his eyes sparkling and just kissed me! It was the best moment of my life!"

Audrey rambled on, all the girls in my bedroom squealing as she told a story about Ben and her. Totally not weird for his sister to hear, I'm totally not uncomfortable AT ALL right now. Ben and I were brought back home for the second and last summer now for King and Queen training, but they've let us invite our friends for a night to give us a little break and to see our friends in general.

I'm starting to really regret not fighting Ben on inviting Audrey.

She's been ranting and raving about her and Ben and something about them being true love and stuff. It's exhausting, to say the least. I was sitting on my window sill seat and staring out the window, trying my best to zone out the stories of her and Ben's dates. Besides her, there was Lonnie and Jane, but Lonnie and Jane are the only ones I actually invited. Meanwhile Ben invited Audrey, Doug, and Chad, the only person he invited that I like is Doug. Chads already tried to break into my room a few times now so I had to lock the door and everything to keep his royal creepiness out. Audrey snuck over here a while ago just to rant about Ben and her apparently.

I successfully zoned out looking up at the clear starry sky above. The moon was out tonight which lit up the rose garden below that I love so much,

"Brielle? Brielle, were you even listening to me?"

I was snapped out of my happy daydreaming up at the moon by Audrey calling me out. I tiredly turned back to her with a blank expression,

"Nope, not one bit. What were you talking about?"

Audrey huffed and rolled her eyes at me and stood up from sitting on the floor,

"I was talking to you, you know about some of the boys at school. I asked you if you like any yet?"

I closed my eyes for a moment and took a deep breath, every single time I see Audrey she asks something like that. I opened my eyes and stared at her for a moment,

"What do you think? Of course I don't"

I said in a "duh" tone. She sighed and rolled her eyes at me a little,

"Come on Bri, when are you gonna give up the hard to get act?"

I shot my eyes back over to her from looking back out the window,

"Excuse me? What act?"

I asked, she raised a brow at me,

"The act you put up to drive all the princes crazy, like come on you have to like one of them right?"

I simply shook my head, she'll never understand.

I wanna believe in true love, I really do, but with all of this talk of finding a prince to simply marry and to keep my royal bloodline going really... wears you down after some time. Is that all this is about? Being a royal means I never get to take my time to find someone I actually love? Apparently not, though our parents got to have true love... I'm not sure I get to have such a lucky fate when it comes to love...

"Brielle! You keep zoning out on me, what are you even thinking about?"

I jumped at Audrey's sudden yell. My eyes shot back over to her and furrowed my brow at her,

"Don't yell at me, and it's none of your damn business"

I snapped back, Lonnie snorted at me shutting Audrey down and earned an amused smile from me. Audrey shot her a glare which she ignored before looking back to me and sitting back down,