FIFTY

I pinched the bridge of my nose, already regretting my actions

I pinched the bridge of my nose, already regretting my actions. Her voice was so soft. I was already having a bad day so, I poured out all of that aggression on her. It had been a couple of hours since then.

The first time I heard her voice in more than twenty four hours and she sounded like she was on the verge of tears.

I stood in my hotel room, sipping on a some vodka. I needed it after the long day that I had. The difference in time zones made me reconsider calling Tino. It was 10.30 PM here and probably 4.30pm on their end.

Tino did mention that she was crying. I was pretty sure she would still be pouting and wouldn't want to talk to me now.

"Ugh!" I groaned but I felt a little relief knowing that I was almost done with what I came to Rome for.

I almost cursed Tino's name for asking me to talk to her. It was like playing Good cop, Bad cop. However, I knew it was because he was putty in her hands. He'd let her get away with anything.

I shifted slightly, feeling a little discomfort for some reason. I took a sip of the vodka and held my hand out, searching for the perfect spot for the tattoo.

My mind backtracked to Wura. She'd definitely be angry. Very pissed but I had the perfect idea to get on her good side the minute I got back home.

I chuckled, thinking about her pouting and huffing before looking away whenever I sat close to her especially when I had made her angry.

I smiled but my smile dropped as my phone rang. Tino's number appeared and I hesitated, wondering why he was calling, before answering the call.

"Hey..." I was met with heavy breathing, like he had been running for too long.

"Tino?" I frowned and heard him curse before a crash followed.

"She's gone" He whispered and I chuckled. My heart was thudding and I gulped. It had to be a joke. A very bad one.

"Who is gone?"

"Fiore. She's...she's gone" he whispered and my smile dropped. I stared at the cup of vodka, my heart racing but not in delight. It was in fear.

"W-who took her?" I whispered, hands shaking.

"I...fuck!" I heard another crash. I held my breath.

"I don't know. I don't fucking know! I got here...there's blood...the car is wrecked. T-there's stuffed toys everywhere in the backseat. There's blood, Gianni!" He yelled and I exhaled, air escaped my lungs in heavy pants.

"This better not be your fucking fault cause if it is, Gianni...I swear, you're dead!" He yelled and hung up.

I stared at the vodka in my cup, the phone in my hand, the sweatpants I was wearing. My vision blurred. I was sweating.

What's happening?

I was finding it hard to breathe. Even harder to think. My eyes rolled behind my head and I fell backwards and off the chair, the pristine white ceiling was the last thing I saw before my eyes closed.

I paced around in the house, staring at the stuffed toys that flooded the living room couch

I paced around in the house, staring at the stuffed toys that flooded the living room couch. They smelled like her.

I had called the cops but they weren't working fast enough. I had never been so scared in my entire life. Who took her? Why did they take her? What were they going to do to her?

Vince was gone too. He was important to Fiore which meant he was important to me.

My hands were shaking. I couldn't close my eyes. I would only hear her screaming for me.

There was blood! In the backseat, there was blood. On the floor, there was even more blood.

"Oh Dio!" I whispered and snatched the pack of cigarettes off the table as I walked back and forth, lighting it up, I took a deep whiff and shut my eyes, holding my breath.

I could feel my heart trying to break through my chest. There had been two dead bodies, two men who were presumed dead five years ago.

There were a few a guns as well, one of them being Vince's gun.

My head ached and I finally let out the almost opaque smoke.

Whose blood was it? Her pain tolerance was low. Had she eaten something? Was she crying? Was she hurt? Was she even alive?

The cops had asked who I suspected...I wasn't sure. It couldn't be her brother or mother. They couldn't have access to such an expensive car and those men who were shot as well...

Who could it be?

Only someone Gianni has involved himself with! It could only be that.

"Fuck" I whispered. I wanted to search for her but where did I start? The dead men didn't help at all seeing as they were supposed to be dead five years ago. The car wasn't registered. The trail of blood stopped at the car.

It was like they disappeared. I stared at the stuffed toys on the couch and exhaled.

Maybe this was my fault? If I hadn't asked her to leave the house for a while, this wouldn't have happened.

Where was she? I only prayed to a god that I didn't believe in. I prayed that she was safe and that we got her back soon.

Don't hate me 🥺Sometimes, I get lazy when I'm writing

Don't hate me 🥺
Sometimes, I get lazy when I'm writing...can y'all tell? 😭
I've been a mess -lately. A beautiful mess but a mess nonetheless 💅🏽
The next update will be a three chapter update. I'll probably put it up tomorrow or the day after.
Enjoy, my sweet babies!
-Aduke