45| Honeymooning

Started writing on 28th December 2020.
Completed on 30th December 2020.
Word count : 3977 words
_____________________________

– D I V Y A –

"It's too cold here." I said and went inside the warm quilt.

"As per what I heard, most of the population comes to Switzerland for their honeymoon."

"But see the weather too. I'll become a walking popsicle."

"Don't worry, it's just for one week. Next week, we'll go to a different country."

"One week? Are you serious? What will we do in this chilled weather?"

"Anything you wish. We have something called body heat which we can use any time you want." He said while keeping his cold palm on my waist. I pinched his hand and he shouted. "What are you doing? I'm already feeling so cold and you're doing this. Wasn't Delhi's chilled and dry air enough for you to come here?"

"Okay. It's just a matter of few days. Let's sleep now." He said while unbuttoning his shirt.

"Stop. We're not doing anything."

"I didn't say anything."

"But I knew what you were going to do." I said and pushed a pillow on his face.

"And I know what you love to do." He smiled before pecking my lips. "You know, last night was amazing."

"I'm not in mood. I'm tired after this long flight."

"Jet lag?"

"Hmm."

"Who gets jet lag in such a short flight?"

"I. Now sleep and let me sleep too. I don't even have energy to open my eyes." I mumbled and pulled him down beside me. "Don't do any mischief. Just close your eyes and drown in sleep before I beat you up."

"Okay." He said and pulled me over him while patting my back. As the chilled air stroke my neck, I shivered. "Feeling cold?"

"Yes."

"Wait a minute." He said and dropped me on the bed. Switching temperature of the air-con, he hugged me tightly and tugged a strand of hair behind my ear. "Is it good now?"

"Hmm....." I hummed. Hugging his torso tightly, I threw my leg over his' and kept my head on his chest, falling into a deep slumber while listening to the music of his heartbeats.

××

Feeling no music and the gradual up-downs of breathing beneath me, I patted the space beside me, only to find it empty. Reaching my hand more further, I stopped when I felt nothing above the bedsheet.

I sat back with the help of bedrest and yawned. "Ayaan!" I shouted but got no response. Where the hell is he? Standing up, I walked towards the bathroom and opened the door. Slightly rubbing my eyes, I paced towards the basin and sprinkled water on my face.

It was hot.

But my face froze!

And I too froze!

Until I felt a hard body touching my back and a warm breathe fanning my neck. "When did you wake up?"

"Just now."

"You were really eager to meet me. Well, truly saying, I was waiting for you in bathroom after exercising." He teased and winked.

"You think a lot. I was just washing my face."