CASE #008

CASE #008

Of course, the boys’ dorm would be separated from the girls’. That basically means, alone and forever alone. I mean, my friends in this school are only Mamura-senpai and Seijuurou-senpai. They are the ones who really help me, but the girls here are like… uh, ‘superior’? I can’t get close to them. It’s like there’s a boundary, a tall, iron wall separating us.

    Everybody was waiting for me. Like literally, everybody, when Seijuurou-senpai escorted me back to the dorm and left me to take a shower. They were waiting by the campfire while I took my shower like a sprinter, afraid that I might cause some people disappointment because of me wandering through the forest alone and got people worried.  Well, some of them.

    When I walked out of the dorm, Mamura-senpai motioned me to sit beside him. Whispers could be heard but the teacher quickly shut them up. I really don’t know what they were doing but we are all singing and shits while I stared at the fire like a retarded maniac.

    “Heiwayuki Akashi, is it?”

    I looked up and looked behind. Instead of finding a stupid-looking, messy hair with red-eyed woman, all I saw was a guy around my age, looking straight into my eyes. “Y-yes, I am.” I whispered. He smiled.

    “For sure you can help me. I am Saruzaki Yuuji. My case is like none other. I have a friend who works as an entertainer. No, maybe he’s the one entertained. He kidnaps, he rapes, he kills girls your age. Police are not concerned with this case as he owns a large network throughout Japan and his ‘presents’ often comes with money. I was killed in attempt to stop him. He’s not connected only with the Kyoto Police. And I heard you can talk to the dead, for that, I plead you to accept my case.”

    I gaped. Uh…

    “Heiwa, it’s time to sleep. Let’s go.” Mamura-senpai tugged my sleeve.

    I turned to him. “Oh, ah, sure!” I nodded and stood, brushing my back. As I walked, I turned around to see Yuuji. He was by the tree, watching me. I looked away and went to sleep.

________________

This is torture.

The souls are haunting me in my dreams. I crept out of the dorm and stepped on the cold ground. “Fancy going out alone, huh, Heiwayuki.” I smirked to myself and set out to find the waterfall.

    “Hey, come out. I need to ask you something.” I spoke out loud when I’m sure I’ve got away far from the dorm or the basecamp. Silence.

    I sighed and arrived at the waterfall. It was a pretty sight as the moon reflected on the water and it kinda glitters. “If you don’t tell me what’s the two stones for, I won’t get it for ya’.” I said again.

.

.

.

.

    “So you’ve cooled your head.”

    “Speaking of the Devil.” I rolled my eyes and sat by the stream, purposely dipping my legs into it.

    “The two stones are for my ritual. But since it’s you, I’m sure nothing would work to make you take it. So, I’ve chosen another girl to do it for me.”

    I frowned. “Another girl? There’s someone like me?”

    “Oi, you’re not the only one who can see souls.”

    I shrugged. “Well how should I know?”

    “Anyway, I saw a guy approached you last night.”