Chapter 111: Demon Blood

Their scene changed again as they watch Kazumi being whipped again.

"Since I heard you've protected some slayers instead of killing them, I'll give you a thousand whips today shall we." Hibiki said in a cold tone as he look down at Kazumi.

She remained unresponsive as she kept her head down as her wrists are chained up as always. Blood kept on splattering out from her body.

"What the.... a thousand?!" Kanae exclaimed as she cover her mouth as her eyes become teary again.

They watched as Hibiki really gave her a thousand whip. She remained still and silent.

'I.... can't feel it at all.... it's just like a small ant bit me.'

"You won't get any food for three days and nights." Hibiki said before he left her in the cell as the servant there freed her from the chains.

Her ragged clothes behind her were torn up because of all those whips. As she stopped the bleeding with her breathing, she walked away as if nothing happened. She moved as if she wasn't whipped at all. As she pass by some slaves on her way to her room, they all gasped at the sight of her but she ignored them all.

"Kazumi!" Asano exclaimed as he saw Kazumi enter the room.

They saw how her ragged clothes were torn apart at the back and her wounds. Her back was badly wounded as the whole skin on her back was almost ripped off.

"Let's.... clean your wounds." Fu said as he accompanied her inside the bathroom.

Take couldn't do anything but to follow them with his eyes. Shocked at how Kazumi look like coming back. She looked even worst than how she usually comes back from being whipped.

"She knew she'll be punished like this but.... she still chose to keep on protecting the slayers." Fuji said looking at the bathroom door.

"Everytime Hibiki finds this out, he'll whip her but there's another punishment." Kai added with such sadness wrapping his every word.

They all couldn't help theirselves but to overthink about what other punishment was there. As the scene changed again, they were inside Aiko's room as she is now looking at Kazumi's body covered with bandages.

"I'm sorry.... I.... didn't know he'll go this far." Aiko apologized as she gently touch her back.

"Don't apologize.... it's not your fault.... I could've let them die if I wanted to.... so.... it's my decision." Kazumi replied turning around wiping Aiko's tears.
"Don't cry, I'm the one who got punished not you."

"But still...." Aiko muttered out.

The children then let out some baby noises as they lift their hands up trying to reach for them although they were far from their reach.

"What we have to do now is to keep our eyes open and ourselves alert. I'm sure Hibiki will send out more assassins to do the work." Fu said as he walk closer.

"Right. We're not only dealing with our own 'comrades' but also demons on the way." Asano added sounding sarcastic with the word comrades.

"Sorry if I have to rely on you guys." Aiko apologized again.

"Well.... we know Hibiki's a bad person. And killing those slayers who wanted to protect humans against demons is a bad idea of his." Fu said sighing as he cross his arms.

"For sure.... if he wanted the slayers dead, that means the one he's helping is definitely a demon." Asano said looking serious.

"To be honest.... I could smell a faint scent of a demon from him.... whenever I meet him." Kazumi informed them tilting her head.