EPISODE 53

30/12/2019

Aparna's P. O. V :

The salty breeze and the calm dusk felt like a dream. The waves breaking on the shore and the eroding sand brought back so many memories.

The rolling in sand, the laughter, the kiss that nearly happened on this very place.

Shwetha was sitting beside me and silently reading my face.

" Why are you staring at me? " I asked her.

" Are you really okay ? " She asked me.

I nodded my head silently.

" How can you be so calm? Even if Shiva had gone insane, shouldn't you have slapped him back to reality? " She asked me.

" He is completely under the delusion that I am his competitor. I can't do anything. The only thing that I am happy about is that Hari is with Shiva. " I said.

" Hari resigned his job " Shwetha told me.

" What? " I asked her.

" After everything Shiva did, should Hari still support him? , You know what Aparna, some people will understand the value of anything, only when they loose it. Shiva took everyone around him for granted. Last time you were there to console Hari and Karthik. This time even if you try, you can't glue them back. " Shwetha said shaking her head.

I let out a long breath and looked at the dark sky.

" Maybe I should give up. I don't have any energy left. I just want to stop everything. " I said.

" Why didn't you tell anyone when you were stuck in your pg fearing Michael? " Shwetha asked me.

" I honestly don't know. Karthik was already depressed. Sometimes I did think of calling Shiva, but I wasn't ready to handle any more harsh words from him. So I decided to wait it out. " I said.

" You used to be a really bold girl. You were even ready to murder Michael. But why did you loose yourself? Why are you scared now? " She asked me.

" I am not scared. I am just tired. I don't want to fight anymore. It's clearly useless. Being a girl, I have finally understood the limits I can go. " I said.

" Just because two bastards are trying to screw you over, it doesn't mean you are not talented or competitive enough. " She said.

" The worst part was they both knew about me very well. And they both were people who I used to value so much once. " I said.

" Your life doesn't revolve around them. It is all about you. Just forget about them. You don't need such toxic people. We will find a way. Don't give up hope. " Shwetha said.

Shwetha stood up from the sand and dusted off her kurti.

I stood up after her.

We walked for few minutes and then decided to go back home as it was getting cloudy.

Hari welcomed us inside and his face looked dull.

" Shiva threw a fit on me "he said as we sat on the couch.

" You should have listened to me. You should have just punched him! " Shwetha said.

" He looked broken. I didn't expect that at all. With the confidence that he threw Aparna and Karthik out, I thought he would at least be arrogant to me. But he didn't. " Hari said slightly pulling his hair.

" Do not fall for that! I repeat to both of you! Do not fall for his pleading! I will never approve of him after what he did to my best friend " Shwetha shouted at Hari and walked back inside the kitchen.