-2-

Sykkuno's Pov

After a few lessons had flew by, it was lunch time. I got my necessities and met up with Rae and Toast.

"That was so boring! Why do lessons have to take so long??" Rae had whined for quite a while. "Though I agree with the time problem, you should still pay attention Rae, or not you might need Sykkuno to tutor you again this weekend." Toast was writing on his notepad, he never looked up when he was talking with Rae. "I don't mind tutoring her, if it helps her then I won't mind toast, i-it's not like I have much to do during the weekends anyway." I continuously tug at my scarf gently, it was some kind of coping mechanism to keep me calm when I'm nervous or just feeling upset. "You can't be free every weekend Sykkuno, but I guess if you're okay with it then go ahead."

We kept walking to the cafeteria when Rae started moving a lot, she was jumping up and down while waving and signaling to the new person to come over here, something like what she does to me when I'm walking to the bus stop. He looked lost and confused, he slowly walked up to Rae and She spoke up. "Hey! Are you lost? We can guide you there!" I wasn't surprised when I heard her excited tone, she liked getting to know new people every now and then. Corpse looked a little startled by her loud voice, I don't blame him, Rae's voice gets loud at the most unsuspecting times.

"You're Corpse right? I'm Valkyrae! But you can call me Rae for short. This is Sykkuno, and this is Toast!" She pointed to the both of us, Corpse gave a small wave towards us, I waved back while Toast just looked at him with his normal face, if you don't know Toast well, you'd think he hates you since his normal face is pretty scary sometimes. Rae throwing Corpse questions after questions, he didn't reply to them and looked kind of bothered. "Hey uhm, Rae maybe give him a bit of space first, he is new to the school." I gently pulled her hand and she got it. "Ah! Really sorry Corpse! I can go overboard haha." Corpse relaxed for a while before speaking up. "That's fine, It'll take me sometime to get comfortable with you guys." Our expressions suddenly changed to a look of surprise, even Toast had looked a little surprised. His voice was gravely and deep, it intrigued me, I wasn't expecting that. "Woah! You're voice is so cool, Corpse!" I nodded my head and stared at Corpse, Corpse made eye contact and put his hand behind his head, rubbing it softly.

We settled down at a table and placed our books on the chairs, I was in charge of taking care of the things for today, it was routine to see who would watch over our stuff. Everyone left to get their food and I sat down, occasionally glancing at the books and bags to make sure they were still there. Some boys walked over to me, once I noticed them, I immediately try to stand up from my seat.

Not again.

Corpse's Pov

I bought a sandwich for my lunch, I wasn't sure eat anyways and I wasn't really hungry. I strolled over to the table I was sitting at, it seems like I found some friends, luckily they were the ones who asked me, if not I wouldn't know to do for my first day. I saw a few boys talking to Sykkuno, they were laughing and giggling, hands on their hips. Sykkuno looked somewhat afraid, he was holding the top of his scarf close to his face. The boy were much taller than Sykkuno and it seemed like they weren't his friends either.

I rushed over to Sykkuno and stood Infront of him. "Please leave Sykkuno alone, if you aren't here for anything good then please leave." They switched to a look of surprise before trying to keep their smug look on their face again. "Or what, you can't do anything about this, don't but in."
Just then, the teacher on patrol had luckily passed us, the boys then dispersed, muttering under their breath.

"Are you alright, Sykkuno?" I turned my gaze to him. he nodded, hand still holding onto his striped scarf. Rae and Toast sprinted over. "Sykkuno are you okay??" This was probably the first time I saw Toast looking worried. Rae stood next to Toast, though her face was also noticibly worried. Sykkuno looked slightly flustered but he answered their questions. Toast looked at me, he looked calm, it seems like he was finally okay. "I had my doubts about you at first, Corpse. But it seems like I can trust you just a little better." I smiled through my mask, this dude sure was protective of his friends.

We all sat down and chattered until out next lessons. Today sure was eventful, I'm kinda glad I've met people I can vibe with.

------

Back with another chapter hh, I really hope y'all don't hate me when the book ends aaaa

Probably gonna have another chapter published again-

Atleast I'm motivated to write compared to my art :')

-Author

(883 words)