38│JOEY IN LOVE

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Look, just tell Joey how you feel," Veronica begged as she and Chandler walked to Central Perk.

"Are you even listening to yourself?!" He scoffed as he held the door open for her.

"Of course I am, that's my favorite sound– my own voice," She reminded him with a huff, "Look, I promise you if you tell Joey how you feel about Kathy then he'll step back. Because that's the kind of friend he is. Don't hide it from him, it'll only get worse."

Before he could answer, his eyes widened when he saw Joey across the coffee house flirting with another girl. He grabbed Veronica's hand and dragged her over once the girl left.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Chandler chuckled nervously, "Who was that?"

"That would be Casey," Joey grinned, "We're going out tonight."

"Going out, huh? Wow! Wow!" He clapped excitedly.

"Tone it down," Veronica snapped under her breath.

Chandler cleared his throat. "So things didn't work out with Kathy, huh? Bummer."

"Tone it up," She scoffed at how nonchalantly he brushed over the Kathy issue.

Joey shook his head and shrugged. "No, things are fine with Kathy. I'm having a late dinner with her tonight, right after my early dinner with Casey."

"What?!" Chandler and Veronica stared at him in disbelief.

"Yeah, yeah. And the craziest thing is that I just ate a whole pizza by myself!" He laughed.

"You're a pig," Veronica snapped as she hit him with her purse.

"Hey!" He whined, "I've seen you eat a whole pizza too!"

"That's not why she said that, Joey," Chandler sighed, "Wait! You're going out with Kathy!"

"Yeah," Joey nodded slowly, his brows furrowed, "Why are you getting so upset?"

"Well, I'm upset... for you," He bit his lip anxiously as he tried to think of how to play this, "I mean, having sex with an endless line of beautiful women must be very unfulfilling for you."

"What is the big deal? It's not like we're exclusive," Joey shrugged but his gaze quickly shifted from Chandler.

He couldn't focus on a word Chandler said because he was too busy glaring at the man who was so clearly flirting with Veronica. He hoped that if he stared at him long enough his head would explode like he'd seen in one of the dumb sci-fi movies Ross forced him to watch.

"Look, Joey, Kathy is clearly not fulfilling your emotional needs. But Casey, granted I only saw the back of her head, but I got this sense that she's smart, and funny, and gets you..." Chandler trailed off when he noticed what Joey was doing and sighed.