40│VERONICA IN LOVE

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

It had been three days since Joey had told Veronica that he had feelings for her. And since then, the two hadn't talked. They hadn't even been in the same room together. After Joey blurted out that he liked her, he rushed off without giving her a chance to say anything. And since then, in fear of rejection, he did everything he could to never be alone with her.

"Hey!" Joey greeted as he joined the friends outside of Central Perk.

The friends were headed to Montauk for the weekend so Phoebe could chase an old friend of her mother's. They were going to stay at a beach house one of her massage clients let her borrow.

"Oh good, you brought food!" Monica smiled when she saw the paper bag Joey was carrying.

Joey's brows furrowed and he pulled out a pair of boxers. "No, it's just my luggage."

"Joey," Veronica called softly, hoping to finally corner him, "Can we-"

Before she could finish and before he could run away, Phoebe cut them off by honking the taxi as she pulled up in front of the coffee house.

Veronica sighed in annoyance as she watched Joey rush to clamber into the taxi to get away from her. She gave Chandler a small, thankful smile when he wrapped a comforting arm around her as he grabbed her bags for her. Joey glared at the two and crossed his arms with a huff.

"Ronnie, you know we're only going for a weekend right?" Chandler panted as he tried to force all her bags into the trunk, "We're not moving there forever!"

She rolled her eyes. "It's not that hard, you just don't know what you're doing."

"Well, sorry I didn't brush up my Tetris skills," He huffed sarcastically as he gave up.

Veronica pushed past him and looked at the overflowing trunk. She glanced over at the rest of the friends and smiled when she noticed all of them, except Chandler, were too busy to pay them any attention. She grunted as she pulled one of the suitcases out, which turned out to Ross' if the huge neon letters he stuck onto it were anything to go by.

"What are you doing?" Chandler's brows furrowed as he tilted his head to the side.

"Like Ross really needs all this stuff," She shrugged nonchalantly as she dumped his bag onto the side-walk and smiled when all her bags now fit snugly into the trunk, "Besides, I bet this is mostly just hair gel, so he should be thanking me for this really."

Chandler stared at her in shock as his head snapped from the bag she'd casually rolled away from them back to her. "W-what are you doing?! You can't just- he'll know and- it'll get stolen!"

"Relax," She waved him off flippantly, "I've seen Ross' style or lack thereof actually. Trust me no one is going to steal his stuff. Anyway, Gunther is going to look after it, aren't you," She smiled at Gunther, who just so happened to be cleaning one of the outdoor tables.