NINE

Violet walks into the Salvatore Boarding House, greeting Elena and sending her off as Violet overtakes the job of taking care of Rose

In the time Violet was in the tomb, the poor vampire had gotten herself bitten by a werewolf. In her 500 odd years of life, Violet had seen many vampires die from a werewolf bite, and, unfortunately for Rose, it was never pretty.

Violet may not know Rose very well, if at all, but she can't leave the women to die alone.

As she enters Damon's room, she sees Rose standing in front of the fireplace, staring into oblivion. "Rose?" She says softly, "Are you alright?"

Rose jumps, turning to face Violet. "Yeah-Yeah i'm okay."

Violet nods, walking closer and holding out her hand. "Come on, let's get you into bed."

"I hate this. I'm a vampire, I haven't had a cold in five centuries."

"I know, I understand. Just get in bed. You'll be more comfortable." Violet takes Rose's jacket off and helps her get in the blankets.

"We don't get sick. When we die, it's fast and sudden and it's certainly not drawn out in illness."

"I know, I know." Is all Violet can bring herself to say.

None of them talk for a few moments, with the only sound coming from Violet readjusting the blanket or smoothing Rose's hair out of her face.

"I'm so tired." Rose mumbles, beginning to sleep talk, "No, stop, wait. Tell them to prepare the horses."

"It's okay Rose. Just get some sleep. You'll feel better when you wake up."

"Trevor, don't be so stupid. You're never going to make it there before the sun." Rose suddenly shoots up, pain evident on her face, "I need more blood."

"Of course, here you go." Violet hands her the glass, but Rose throws it up again.

"It's okay. You're okay. You're gonna be alright." Violet tries to comfort as she rushes to the bathroom to wet a cloth. She gently wipes the blood off of Rose's face.

"I'm scared." Rose admits

"It's okay. I understand, but you're not alone ok? I'm right here." Violet says softly, "I won't leave you alone."

"Here, where's here?"

"Damon's bedroom, you're in Damon's bedroom." Violet replies

A wave of fear seems to pass over Rose, as she looks around, "I want to go home."

"I know you do. Tell me about it."

"St. Austell, thirty kilometers south of London. With fields and trees and horses." Rose says, a small smile on her face as she thinks of her home.

"It sounds absolutely beautiful."

"When you live long enough, everything disappears. So much time wasted, I just wish I wouldn't have been so afraid."

"I know. I understand. But you're going to be okay." Violet says softly, continuing to dab Rose's forehead with a cloth.

Elena comes back over after that to help, and Violet thanks her and leaves.

*

Damon had called Violet a little while later to say that Rose was gone, and Violet felt that it would be best if she didn't go back to the boarding house for the day.

Instead, she drove around until she found a nice house. She parks a little down the street, putting a couple tears in her clothes and messing up her hair and makeup.

She walks to the house, bringing fake tears to her eyes. Knocking on the door, she focuses on making herself look sad.

The door opens to a middle aged woman, who frowns at the seemingly devastated girl in front of her. "Honey are you okay?"

Violet just shakes her head, "No. I'm-I'm sorry. Do you mind if I just have some water or something? My car just broke down, and my phone died and I'm so far away from home."

"Of course. Come in."

Violet gives her a grateful smile, walking in past the woman.

Once the door is shut, she immediately drops her act, instead leaning forward to compel the women. "What's your name?" She asks

"Amy." The woman replies

"Ok, and Amy do you live with anyone else?"

"No."

"Wonderful. Now where is somewhere you want to travel?" Violet asks

"I really want to tour Australia."

"Excellent." Violet smiles, "We can work with that. Now listen to me, you're going to go right now and book a year long trip there. Here is some extra money." She hands the women a card with a load of money on it. She's not sure on the exact amount, but it's somewhere around 40 thousand.

Amy nods and Violet compels her one last time, "You are not to ever return to his house. Tell everyone you know that you won't be home but you have someone taking care of the house and that they shouldn't come. Then put the name of the house in the neighbour. Now go."

The woman leaves and Violet decides to take a tour around the house. It's nothing too fancy, nothing too big but it's good enough for Violet. It's not exactly furnished to her taste, but she doesn't hate it either so she probably won't change it.

VIOLET PEARSON
Hey

CARE BEAR💜
Hi

VIOLET PEARSON
Wanna come to mine? I compelled myself a house because I was sick of staying at the boarding house

CARE BEAR💜
Okay

VIOLET PEARSON
Awesome
I'll send you a photo of the house and the address
*ONE PHOTO ATTACHED*

*
Caroline gets there a little while later, and Violet answers the door with a smile, but it drops when she sees Caroline's stressed face, "Bad day?" She says sympathetically

Caroline nods with a shrug, "More like bad life."

{a/n: this was more just a filler chapter if anything}