40.

I'm happy once my long day comes to an end at six in the evening

I'm happy once my long day comes to an end at six in the evening. It flew by without a lot of anxiety, I guess I've had enough of it in these past few days. 

I haven't heard from Jace after this morning, but I guess we don't have to know where the other is all the time. In that exact moment, my phone starts vibrating in my pocket. 

Is dinner in the city okay? We picked a nice little restaurant Bree texts me. 

I type my answer right away. Sounds good! I send.

I know I didn't ask Jace if he's okay with driving into the city, but I'm sure he won't mind. Bree gives me the address seconds after, and attaches a picture with directions. The restaurant looks pretty already, I can tell Bree has picked it.

My phone vibrates for the second time, while I'm walking out of the seminar room. It's a call from Jace this time. For some reason my heart still flutters every time I see his name on the screen.

"Hey" I say softly into the phone.

"Hey. Where are you?" he wants to know.

"I just finished all of my seminars and was about to head back to the dorm. I'm still in the main building" I answer.

"Bree is at Austin's already, wait in the café for me?" he asks me again. "I don't want you to be alone in the dorm and I have that thing at six thirty, remember?" he adds. 

Right, the incident with Derek and all.

"Okay, I'll wait there. I'd like to change before dinner though, do you think we'll make it on time? We have to drive into the city, I hope you don't mind" I explain, already walking over to the café right on campus.

"We'll be fine. I'll see you soon" Jace says, hanging up the phone.

I contemplate just going to my dorm anyway, but I know Jace would kill me if I did. I hate being late and I definitely don't feel like sitting in the café all by myself for thirty minutes. Social anxiety and all that. I guess I'll have to endure it today. I walk inside, and see that the coffee shop is still pretty packed with people. I order myself a chamomille tea, and sit down in one of the corners.

Instead of trying to pass the time, I decide to get some reading done for my classes. Hopefully time will fly by faster then. I notice my stomach grumble, as I'm starting to get hungry already. I try not to think about fainting and push the thought right back out of my head. Finishing the first text quickly, I move on to the next one, occasionally taking a sip of the hot tea.

"Ready to go?" Jace's voice pulls me out of my thoughts.

I glance at my phone, 6:25pm. I guess I did get lost in my uni work, thankfully.

"You're early" I notice, packing all my stuff together.

"Yeah, I made some arrangements so we wouldn't be late. Come on" he says grabbing my bag for me.