Chapter 1

Spring Break was taking forever to happen. Everyone looks forward to it when it comes to the last stretch before summer. Plans were made to go up to Oregon and see all our old friends and escape the celebrity scene for a little while. We were going to go visit our grandparents who lived in a small town about an hour from where we used to live to get away from any screaming crazies. But James has a tendency to surprise us and change plans.

“Hey Cam.” He peered into my room, looking a bit cautious of what might happen.

“What’s up?” I said, setting down my sketch pad.

“So. You know how we were planning on going up to Oregon to see Grandma and Grandpa for Spring Break?”

“No, I know how we are going up to Oregon.”

“Yeah, about that...” He looked at the ground and, for the most confident guy I know, seemed like he could be squashed.

“Change of plans? Movie screening or something?” The disdain was clear in my voice. Him doing this all the time was ridiculous.

“I got a part in a new movie. They start filming during Spring Break.”

“Ok, so you can’t go. But Mom and I can.”

“Except the movie is being filmed in Europe.” My eyes bulged and I nearly choked on the water I was drinking.

“Europe? Like, you are being flown to Europe to film? It’s not supposed to just set in Europe?”

“Yeah, and because it’s this huge film, it will take a really long time.”

“So what are you saying?” I said with an eyebrow raised.

“We have to move to Europe.”

“What?” I was probably making the most unattractive faces, but clearly I didn’t care. “We’re moving there? As in we are going to buy a house and go to school there?”

“Ah, another thing. You get a tutor! Because the movie is being filmed all over Europe and I’m guessing you will want to see Europe, you get a tutor.”

“James, you have got to be kidding me. I don’t get to finish my Junior year?”

“And you might miss the beginning of Senior year.” He said quickly and then added, “Sorry.”

“James.” I death glared him. He was not doing this.

“I’ll make it up to you! I am making it up to you! Maybe we’ll go to Paris. Or Greece or some other beautiful place you’ve always wanted to visit. It’ll be cool.”

“But I want to see my friends! The only way that’s going to change is if you fly them to Europe.” James furrowed his brow.

“No way Cam. Not. A. Chance.”

“Just one then? For a week?”

No. You’ll just have to deal with hanging out with celebrities for a couple months.” I sighed, pretty dramatically, knowing James wouldn’t mind spending money on myself or my mom, but my friends were a no go. And when James made up his mind, there wasn’t a chance he would change it.

“So when do we leave?”

“Two weeks. Pack up!” He slapped the door frame twice and bounded away. I sprung to my feet and went to the edge of the stairs, where he was already at the bottom of them.

“Two weeks James? Are you kidding?”

“Nope! Anyway, I’ll see you later. Love you Cammie!” He was out the door before another word could escape my mouth.

Two weeks. We were leaving this country in two weeks. It didn’t seem fair that all of us had to go with him. James could survive Europe for a couple months without us, couldn’t he? However, I did like seeing James often. Whenever he left for longer, off-site films, I always found myself missing him a lot more than I had planned. Maybe it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world to go to Europe for a couple months on James’ dime. It’s not like there was anything better for me to do here. 

“Camille! Hurry up, we cannot miss our flight!” My mom yelled from downstairs.

“Doesn’t James own a private jet or something?” I called bitterly back.

“Ha, funny Cam, but no, I don’t. Which is why we’re taking a regular flight like regular people.” He said, passing my room with his suitcase in hand.

“First class?” He flashed a grin at me and that was all the reply I need. “Yeah, normal people James.” I slapped the top down on my suitcase, zipped it, and headed downstairs. Handing James my suitcase, I went back in to eat breakfast.

“No time, Cam. We have to leave.”

“But... food.” I stumbled, not knowing how to live without my ritual of breakfast no matter how late I might be.

“It’s not like school where you can just be a few minutes late and I write you a note. We have a plane to catch. Let’s go.” I huffed and grabbed my loaded carry on, while Mom locked up.

“Yeah, we’re getting in the car right now... don’t worry Rick, we won’t miss our flight... we’ll be there soon! Chill!” James assured his agent as we stepped into the car and Mom started the ignition.

One nice thing about not having any friends here: no difficult good-byes. 

----------------

First official chapter! Hoped you liked it!