Chapter 45

Kara's POV

Ben texted me that the game started at six, but to get there early so he could get us a front seat.

I decided to bring Melanie because she loves this type of stuff. Anything to do with sweaty guys running around in tight clothes she's pretty much up for it.

Melanie and Damon are in a sort of open relationship. They're both fine with it, but I, myself could never do that. Sharing Levi with someone else? No thanks.

And Lucas is coming because I have no choice. It's not a big deal since I never mind the company of Lucas.

Packing my purse, Melanie comes out of her bedroom dragging along some guy I've never seen before to the door.

"Last night was great. Can I see you again?" The stranger asked.

She sighs. "Listen, Paul. I told you this was just a hookup before. You're a really great guy but I'm not looking for anything more." Mel explains as she grabs his hand again and opens the door for him.

I'm just standing there watching in amusement.

The man huffs, snatching his shirt from Melanie's hands before walking out the door. "My name is Parker!" He yells and slams the door behind him.

Mel's brushes her hair out of her face as she makes her was towards me. "Don't look at me like that."

I raise my hands in defense, smirking. "I'm not judging."

"Yeah but I can see the disappointment in your eyes. You look like my madre, Kara."  She opens the fridge and takes out a water bottle. Then places it right in front of me. "Go take an Advil, you like shit."

I roll my eyes before grabbing the water and walking into the bathroom to grab a pill. "Ben is picking us up at four so hurry up and get dressed."

"Yes ma'am." She salutes me.

Chuckling, I playfully swat at her.

While Melanie gets dressed, I put on some light makeup so I don't look like a total zombie. Lucas pops up behind me with a grin on his face. He's wearing dark blue jeans and a white t-shirt. "Let's go. Benny boy is almost here."

Lucas, of course, has his own car and will be driving behind us. Melanie wanted stay with us in Ben's car.

Soon Ben arrives and we all head into two vehicles to get to the football field. "You look great today. Well I-I mean you always look great. Not just today it's ju-just I probably should've said it before. Not that I've thought about saying it. I mean, you're not ugl—."

"Boyfriend!" Melanie sings from the back seat.

I laugh at her and get in the passenger's side. "Thank you, Ben." I say once he's in, too.

If it wasn't for Melanie with her many stories from this Summer, the entire car ride would've been awkward silence.

When we arrive, Ben point us in the direction of the bleachers. "You guys can sit right there. I told them to leave it empty just for you." He looks right at me and I instantly go red.